• This topic has 46 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • I'm a shouty bike tw"i"t :(
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

That’s what I’d go with

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s hard not to see red when car drivers repeatedly use their cars as weapons/a form of power over other road users
    Are they really though?

Using them as weapons is a bit of a stretch, but I’d totally agree that drivers user their cars as a form of power all. the. bloody. time.

Every time a driver makes a move that they wouldn’t if you were in a car or they were on a bike that’s exactly what they’re doing. They might not be thinking “I’m in my big car so I’ll show him who’s boss” but they are basically behaving differently from a position of strength than they would do otherwise.
    EDIT: It’s basically bullying when they do this.

project
    Free Member

Naughty german car driving motorist fails to signal overtake, car in front stops on pelican crossing to pick up lady, i shout at driver, driver then pursues me and shouts naughty words at me.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vDRrGjSHo[/video]

RustyNissanPrairie

I’ve said this before on a big ranty post, its **** war out there. Pretty much most of the motorised world hates cyclists. end of. its only going to get worse as the next generation of Playstation obese mongs start driving.

I do my bit, i’m a courteous rider, but anyone who gives me shit/endangers me from the protection of their tin box will/does get it from both barrels. Im past caring.

singletrackmind

I have had a lovely chap in Vito pull alongside , hurl abuse at me and then take a sideswipe at me whilst I was riding alongside a not – fit – for – purpose cycle path.
    Its common practise unfortunatly.
    Far too many drivers use their cars as a weapon , or alot more often as pscyological empowerment. ‘Im bigger and heavier than you , and you will come off worst in any collision therefore I am going to do what I want and you can sod off’. They wouldnt put a move on a lorry or bus , but anyone on a bike is fair game.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

We are but the peasants of the road!

Not all motorists are the same. We have some great drivers on the UK roads who are courteous and friendly, but they are the exception rather than the rule these days.

I was out last night and I could of had at least three serious altercations with motorists. But I try to remain calm and not allow the pickled egg behind the wheel to spoil my pleasure anymore. No point trying to reason, they won’t listen, they’ve lost all rationale at this point.

I also find it incredibly sad these days to see the lack of kids riding cycles.

I love my road bike but i’m losing the will to ride it purely for safety. If i’m out on a trail and I hurt myself, its entirely my own fault. If i’m out on the Road bike, I cannot guarantee my own well being. That’s the long and short of it for me. Shame!

Chin up.

hora
    Free Member

Cycling stops being fun when you become aggravated. Don’t rise to it. I tend to say ‘oh hello didn’t you see me’? If it was REALLY close at the next lights etc but mainly I keep quiet. You’ve no idea what someone will do in a 1ton shell of cold steel or if they would jump out and lose it. Car rage can make a mild mannered person unhinged and act in a momentarily act of madness. Better to let them be as far away as possible IMO.

Plus ever heard someone on a bike shouting abuse? Even as a cyclist you think ‘oh mate’.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I'm a shouty bike tw"i"t :(’ is closed to new replies.