Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Illuminatus! trilogy.
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

😳 coming to a TV near you.

Possibly the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62716005?ref_=tt_nwr1

molgrips
    Free Member

Only about as bad as the book which is to say gloriously bonkers.

mariner
    Free Member

Its tosh – I buried my $5 dollars as instructed and nothing happened.

CountZero

Possibly the worst idea I’ve ever heard.

Why, exactly? I read the series when it was first published, and rather enjoyed it, but with the benefit of several decades of hindsight, I would probably see it in a different light. Or maybe not, even then I understood it to be satirical – pity so many have built conspiracies around the Illuminati.
    Muppets.

yossarian
    Free Member

Fnord

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Why, exactly?

I can’t imagine it being filmed other than with low budget FX and it needs more, and a lot of time. Y=Thinking about it I’m getting a lot of pleasure from Watchmen so I may be very wrong, its just the books content is so wide unless you really pare the story down that I ca’t see it being more that rich mad bloke on a sub against Smersh err bad guys.
    It would be like making Snowcrash without the hacker background and the Sumerian cultural thang. And Snowcrash would be epic for a 3-4 parter.
    They’re cherished texts from my life and I hate the thought of something being made that didn’t meet my view of what it should be. Sad eh?
    But after the casting of Meryl Streep destroyed French Lieutenant for me I feel grumpy as ****.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Illuminatus! trilogy.’ is closed to new replies.