• This topic has 102 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Illegal Drugs
  • iolo
    Free Member

In line with the bad news that it was Heroin that killed Peaches who here will admit to using that dirty bloody drug?
    In the early 90’s I tried many things, weed,mushrooms,LSD,whizz,coke and MDMA I was in a party where I was off my tits where I was offered a syringe to “make me feel better”. My mate – who was in a much soberer state- told the “friendly guy” to “go away”. Turns out he was the local friendly heroin dealer.
    Oh how different my life would have been.
    Not all smack heads are scum, they’ve just been unlucky or made one silly decision.
    I took the last illegal drugs over 20 years ago.

xiphon
    Free Member

Most things available in the UK, but have declined Heroin numerous times.

grum
    Free Member

I’d never inject anything…

Though I had diamorphine in hospital and it was bloody lovely. I can see why it’s so addictive.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not all smack heads are scum

That’s very gracious of you.

teasel
    Free Member

I took the last illegal drugs over 20 years ago.

*panics*

sandwicheater

Don’t like Heron’s, shifty looking birds. Now, black birds baked in a pie, now we’re talking.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

‘Not all smack heads are scum’

But they are when they’re smack heads. They might not have been before and if they’re lucky there may be a time when they are not again, but while they’re smack heads, they are scum.

grum
    Free Member

BTW I know people who’ve recreationally dabbled in smoking heroin on a reasonably regular basis and never got addicted. Others not so lucky though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Another loss

iolo
    Free Member

but while they’re smack heads, they are scum.

What if they are in rehabilitation? Trying to come off ?

johndoh
    Free Member

Most I’ve done is super skunk and ‘shrooms.

Before I settled down, I used to have many parties at my place and turned a blind eye to what went on (mainly coke) but warned my mates that the minute any of them offered me anything like that, they’d be out – simply because I didn’t want to find myself in such a situation where I found I quite liked it….

teasel
    Free Member

But they are when they’re smack heads. They might not have been before and if they’re lucky there may be a time when they are not again, but while they’re smack heads, they are scum.

I have to disagree. Out of interest, why do you believe the above…?

gonzy
    Free Member

like the OP i too did the same things…i was offered “brown” AKA heroin by a flatmate at uni…told him to go shove it up his arse!!

all this was during my “wild experimental” days at uni and just beyond….havent touched the stuff for over 10 years and cant say i miss it either…
    i had an old school friend die of a heroin overdose about 8 years ago…he’d OD’d the night before in someone’s living room but no-one noticed because they were all shit faced too…another user who walked in on them in the morning noticed by which time he’d been dead for about 12 hours…

brooess
    Free Member

Lemmy’s been quoted as refusing to touch heroin. Tells you something about it…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I have a few friends that have been down the smack road and come out of it ok. One is working in rehab support himself now. He is a lovely guy and a good mate with a lovely family. In the years he was hooked he would have sold his gran for a fix.
    Again, a few made it ok, many died. Good friends too.

I guess I was trying to say that in my experience, if they are smack heads, not recreational smokers, they are not really them any more. Its the drug that creates the scum mentality and often the person you loved is not there no matter how much you want them to be and want to trust them. They will take your money / bike anything they can as soon as you turn your back.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I’ve dabbled in many substances but the rule was always no smack,crack or jack.

Stood me in good stead and have very fond memories of those years.

As for all smack heads are scum…. 🙄

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I guess I may be over sensitive and been hurt a lot over the years seeing lives being wasted and lost and the hurt that surrounds the drug.

It’s not nice. Just say no kids.

MSP

Not all smack heads are scum, they’ve just been unlucky or made one silly decision.

It takes more than one time to become hooked.

iolo
    Free Member

I bow to your superior knowledge.

teasel
    Free Member

I guess I was trying to say that in my experience, if they are smack heads, not recreational smokers, they are not really them any more. Its the drug that creates the scum mentality and often the person you loved is not there no matter how much you want them to be and want to trust them. They will take your money / bike anything they can as soon as you turn your back.

Well put. I was a smoker but although it started recreationally, I eventually used it daily for about 22 months, paying my hard-earned for most of it – gifts occasionally; I definitely needed it. At that time I also had a good friend that was spiking and, though I believed he would go down the usual route of theft etc. he actually held it together slightly better than I did. We both got out unscathed, for the most part.

No one was hurt while I used, no thefts took place and most of the folk I met seemed similar. You can do smack and crack in the gutter or a grotty room, but don’t for one second believe that it’s not being done in a penthouse suite whilst sipping champagne, too…

🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely one decision is different to taking it once…..

grum
    Free Member

What’s jack?

almightydutch
    Free Member

in a penthouse suite whilst sipping champagne

Teasel I’d say that’s where the majority of it gets done.

Jack = Jacking up = Injecting

teasel
    Free Member

I’d say that’s where the majority of it gets done.

The best stuff, at any rate.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its the drug that creates the scum mentality and often the person you loved is not there no matter how much you want them to be and want to trust them. They will take your money / bike anything they can as soon as you turn your back.

My experience of seeing former friends taken by the drug.

I am sure if you are wealthy enough you can avoid all this but it was not my experience of it. Friends would visit and you had to ask them to leave if you went to the toilet..it was nothing personal they just could not help it. they would rob me as nothing mattered more than Heroin
    Read Trainspotting and the baby scene

I hope they have found their peace now …shitty times really really shitty times. a lot of good people are gone.

I never tried it as I saw what it had done.

binners

Like most people in the north west of England during the whole Acid House era, I’ve happily shovelled monumental amounts of substances down my neck, and up my nose. As did pretty much everyone I knew. And had the time of my bloody life in the process!

Then a very clear divide appeared between those who took it to the next level and started on the smack, and those who, like me, considered that a line in the sand that should never ever be crossed.

I was amazed at how fast it got a grip in a scene that had just all been about hedonism and partying. And it wasn’t pretty when things started getting so much darker. I don’t think anyone I knew who started ‘dabbling’ managed to avoid the descent into addiction, and it ending up completely and utterly destroying their lives. Its truly tragic to witness! It doesn’t take long either!

warton
    Free Member

I’ve done it twice, once in Nottingham, when i was visiting uni friends, once in Prague on a stag do. Both times were about 15 years ago

Nottingham, i was to drunk and on other stuff to notice it, smoked a tiny amount with friends, slight high.

Prague, drunk again, but more of it, in a hotel room, as the sun came up after a pretty crazy day and night. again smoked it. my god, it was incredible, i can see why people get addicted.

Haven’t had it since, and haven’t had anything else for 4 years, so doubt i will again

peterfile
    Free Member

+1

It’s the media that perpetuate the whole “one hit and you’re hooked” nonsense.

The problem is, for many who arrive at heroin (in particular IV use), it’s due to a number of social/psychological reasons which for that brief moment are alleviated, perhaps for the first time in a long long time. So whilst they are certainly not physiologically dependent, the desire to do it again will far outweigh the reasons for not doing it.

I used to know a few “recreational” heroin users, who’d use it on Sunday mornings after a long night. Never IV though. Also had a colleague who kept a fairly epic addiction quiet for 2 years. Heroin addiction is usually only apparent/problematic when they run out….

Not all heroin users look like the junkies you see walking around outside your local poundstretcher, they walk amongst us in more regular circles too.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve met a few of the lowest rung, chronic, gangrene infested, amputee, maggot infested, heroin addicts & I absolutely cannot comprehend their enduring shackling to their addiction. Heroin to the end. Fek dat shite.

chewkw
    Free Member

Where I used to be we hang the dealers until their neck bones separate from the rest of their bodies. Legally.

Then their corpses get a kick in the nuts while the decease’s (dealer’s) parents pray they don’t get the bill. 😯

Alternatively, dealers can run while being shot at by the law enforcement officers with M16 and if they are unlucky their corpse still get a kick in the nuts. 😈

No sympathy whatsoever for the dealers.

binners

Do you live in a video game?

chewkw
    Free Member

binners – Member

Do you live in a video game?

😆 When the shootings start it is like in a video game.

I mean we get foreign invasion force invading the land with RPG and AK47 etc, so life means nothing if you are in the wrong end of the law. They simply have no time for you in Borneo.

Also try saying that to the Sultan of Brunei.

footflaps

Africa more likely. You can get necklaced for theft…..

aracer
    Free Member

Am I unique then in having not only never having taken an illegal drug, but never having been offered one, and never having had any friends who’ve taken one (to the best of my knowledge)? It seems I must have led a very innocent life.

marcus7
    Free Member

not mentioning names but i bet a former dealer on here is glad he doesn’t live where chewkws from 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

I used heroin fairly regularly for a few years as part of the soft landing from several days of partying on pills and mushrooms etc etc (still the best high for me). I never spiked and thoroughly enjoyed it. I found good quality brown quite difficult to hunt down after my man in a port town closed down. I kind of drifted away from partying and with it all of the substances. I still very occasionally have a spliff and even more occasionally have some mushrooms.

If it’s clean and if you can maintain the rest of your life it’s a glorious release. Unfortunately its relatively low cost and effects attract damaged people who need a crutch.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Speed, mushrooms, acid, ecky, coke and weed. Only really take a smoke these days though, too old for the rest of it all but had a great time while I indulged in the late 90’s to 2000’s, quite interesting noting the drop in quality over that period, definatley some more unscruptlous types came into the drug dealing business in the early 2000s, either that or the same people just cottoned on that they could cut it to hell and people would still buy..

Never been offered nor seen smack in my puff, but I could have got it if I wanted. I actively avoided it, I knew 2 people that died from it, and I’ve also had 2 cousins(that I didn’t really know die from it, I’m at the younger side of a large family).

chewkw
    Free Member

marcus7 – Member

not mentioning names but i bet a former dealer on here is glad he doesn’t live where chewkws from

Well, they might be able to get away by paying for favour but it is not cheap. Probably they need to pay the entire force for that. Miss one payment they will come after you again. If the corrupted cops are caught they face the same penalty.

Doubt they have enough money to buy off the Sultan (a neighbouring Kingdom btw) :mrgreen:

freeagent
    Free Member

Dabbled with most drugs as a student/young chap, but thankfully never touched the big H.
    I can see how people slip in to it though, as I’ve seen a couple of pretty good friends trash their entire lives through drug use/addiction, and one end up dead at 18.

The fact that young, privileged people (like Peaches) end up sat alone in their dream houses, shoving Heroine into their bodies tells you everything you need to know.

I’ve not touched any ‘recreational’ drugs for about 15 years, and wouldn’t take anything, even if I were given it for free these days.

Unless you’ve seen the damage drug use can do first hand, I’m not sure you can really understand.

cubist
    Free Member

The problem with the hard line anti drugs propaganda is that they told us ‘one time and you’re hooked’ for pretty much everything so you smoke some weed, its nice, you still manage to get by, you take a few disco biscuits and no ill effects. You have a few lines of coke or smoke a bit of brown and you carry on with life. You think you can carry on and handle it all – after all the man lied about everything else. Next thing you know you’re sitting in an underpass with your cap out/turning to crime whatever for an addiction that crept up on you when you thought you could handle it all. The other big issue with it all is drugs are actually rather good fun (up to a point).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Illegal Drugs’ is closed to new replies.