ill

Home Forum Chat Forum ill

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • ill
  • Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It’s a cold just get on with life.

Premier Icon amplebrew
    Subscriber

You’ve got a lot of sympathy from me as I’ve been suffering with ‘man flu’ for the last 4 days.

I did nothing but veg out yesterday, trying to take it easy and I felt really rough πŸ™

I went out today and did (an easy) 3 hours on the road bike and feel loads better πŸ™‚

Ofcourse the Beechams capsules are probably helping as well πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Have you not got some-one to mop your fevered brow, and make cups of lemsip for you?

sweepy

There there

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Feel free to offer sympathetic responses

On STW? Sympathy? Sorry, you’ve come to the worng part of the internet, this is the place for trolling, willy-waving and “TTFU” responses… πŸ˜‰

Get well soon. πŸ™‚

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

It’s just the sniffles. Only men get colds and then it’s usually the flu 8)

emma82

Thanks drac, someone had to step in with a MTFU comment. πŸ˜›

Ample I have no intention of going anywhere now, I am just too ill, only strictly come dancing will prevent me from taking to my bed. Lemsips are my new BFF πŸ™‚

Zedsdead

I’ve been piddling water from my anus for the past week.

MTFU.

emma82

aww, cross posts, there are some nice STW’ers out there after all. See, you can all be nice when you want to be. I do have someone to mop my brow but he got bored after 5 minutes and is now engrossed in lara croft on the xbox πŸ™

plop_pants

Colds eh. I’ve had four since the start of the ‘cross season so I’ve only done one round out of six so far. I’ve never found anything, apart from easy rides at the end of a cold, helps to clear it.

IanMunro

Pah!, I cough on your snivelling cold. I’m just recovering from a bought of swine flu, SARs or possibly lung cancer. Not sure which exactly as I haven’t bothered the GP, but goggle’s told me those are the most likely. It did also mention colds, but I’m too tough to get those so it must be something else.

emma82

I have a cold. not sure that it is worth a whole thread of its own but I am feeling very sorry for myself so am hoping for some sympathy plz. I have been ignoring it all week as been too busy to let it take over but having now had the weekend to relax I feel bloody rough. Poor me. Feel free to offer sympathetic responses πŸ˜₯

emma82

I used to find the nhs direct website fun for self diagnosis, I’m sure my cold could be diagnosed as something more serious if I did a bit of googling πŸ˜€

[virtual hug]

carbon337

More man flu here so Googled Hot Toddy and made my first ever one – it was lovely might have another.

Bit of Talisker in there helped.

TiRed

That peaky temperature and shivers is your body’s immune system working hard to fight it off. That tired feeling is the same. Be sure to take paracetamol – (no more than 4g/day) and take comfort that the worst symptoms really only last a day or so.

Lemsip has 500mg of paracetamol, so I normally add an extra 500mg tablet for the full pharmacological effect.

emma82

Eughhhh I still feel crap and am now off work. Think I have an ear infection now as it’s really burning. How do I get rid of that?

breakfast whisky – insert directly into the ear using a turkey baster.

emma82

Where am I going to get a turkey baster from? Aren’t they what lesbian couples use to get pregnant?

Surf-Mat

Think I have norovirus. I feel really flipping rough!

i was going to say “make sure its been cleaned if you’ve got the baster from a woman with a man’s haircut” but thought that to be bad taste and possibly offensive.

its the kinda thing that a robert dyers type store would have, situated next to a JML foot scraper and a bumper pack of wall hooks.

emma82

You’ve got a squits SM?

emma82

I’m not sure I need basting thank, I might just get some ear drops :-s

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ill’ is closed to new replies.