• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by cb200.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I’ll trade you a knee-pad PSA for another?
  • continuity
    Free Member

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/endura-mt500-lite-knee-protector-2673231?product_shape=black&article_size=L%2FXL

£35 for endura’s top end d30 flexible kneepads, as long as you have chunky (over 60cm thigh) or slender legs.

As I am in the middle, hook me up with something in the middle? Any cheap Trail Skins Pros, IXS EVOs, or similar?

weeksy

I wouldn’t get the Trail Skins as they rub lots for me….

continuity
    Free Member

Even the new ones?

z1ppy

Love my trail skin & thorough recommend them, but mine are worn out, anyone know where I can get them cheap?
    Wasn’t there an CRC/Endura PSA earlier in the year, with addition info about replacement inserts?

weeksy

Even the new ones?

I think both sets are Trail Skins 2. I ought to sell them, i’ve had them a year and worn once

nwmlarge
    Free Member

There is a review of slim knee pads on Pinkbike today.

Simon

I got those Dakine Slayer pads earlier in the year.
    Description says “open back design eliminates hot spots and increases breathability” but they’re not open backed and they bunch up and get uncomfortable after a while.

augustuswindsock

Fwiw i had a pair of Daniese trail skin 2’s, ok when new but the Velcro fastening band was too narrow and as they wore they wouldn’t stay in place. Funnily enough I replaced them with the endura D30’s and they’re brilliant and still going strong two years on!

lardman
    Free Member

Dianese trail skins 2, sent ’em back. After 1 slight tumble the honeycomb bit came away from the shell. Not strong enough for general use, unless you’re happy with a disposable pad.

stanfree
    Free Member

I bought the first version after a PSA on here, they were really uncomfy but slightly better after I’d trimmed the D30 insert. They are great pads If you can get on with them. If anyone is after Elbow pads Blacks have race face ones reduced to £23 just now.

joebristol

No psa – but fox launch d30 (not the pros) have been perfect for me

cb200
    Free Member

I got those Dakine Slayer pads earlier in the year.
    Description says “open back design eliminates hot spots and increases breathability” but they’re not open backed and they bunch up and get uncomfortable after a while.

That’s a bit odd – my Dakine Slayers are open backed (and they don’t bunch up)

I also have some IXIS Evos, but they never get a look in, mostly because the Slayers are open backed and the IXIS are not

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I’ll trade you a knee-pad PSA for another?’ is closed to new replies.