• This topic has 89 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • I’ll shoot your dog….
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

As seen on the gates on the north side of Hylands Park, Essex

Smee
    Free Member

And?

tails
    Free Member

Don’t let your dog scare his sheep, simple.

ton

not nice that is it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I haven’t got a dog – just seemed a very aggressive sign.

Oh and the mahoosive field behind the gates had precisely no sheep in it!

colnagokid

They might all be too worried to go into the field!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sheep shouldn’t be so neurotic and worry so much.

alwyn
    Free Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE shoot the stupid dog next door, wakes me up at about 3am every morning without fail. Spoken to owners who just don’t care.

Stoner
    Free Member

barbiturates in some sausages alwyn?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

What do you expect from a Pikey place like Essex?

gtkid
    Free Member

Not nice, but perfectly within his rights to shoot a dog that is worrying sheep. Maybe he has lost a few sheep to dogs already.

Drac

What you’ve never seen a sign like that before I take it’s the first time in the countryside then.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Essex, and not many sheep there!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

within his rights to shoot a dog that is worrying sheep

Really ? I thought dogs could only be destroyed without the owners consent by obtaining a court order.

Excellent – now I go around shooting things which “worry me”

Presumably.

djglover
    Free Member

I take it’s the first time in the countryside then.

As seen on the gates on the north side of Hylands Park, Essex

Hylands Park is in london could be he’s never been

Zedsdead
    Free Member

it’s the law.

Drac

Hylands park is in London, so could be he’s never been

Touche.

grumm
    Free Member

What’s the issue here?

gtkid
    Free Member

ernie-lynch, it’s the law, dogs worrying livestock can legally be shot.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So I see.

Woody
    Free Member

Pah ! bl@@dy townies – know nowt 🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

Whats the description of sheep worrying then? Actually atacking the sheep or just looking menacing to the sheep?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I think the Hylands Park Cheesy is on about, is near Chelmsford. Which is in Essex, and way outside London. Learn how to find somewhere on a map properly…

As for Essex being a ‘Pikey place’, its one of the most affluent counties in Britain! Ever been there??

Mind, ‘Posh’ Spice comes from Essex…. 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Whats the description of sheep worrying then?

Telling it it’s going to have it’s leccy cut off?

That would worry me.

crazy-legs

Actually atacking the sheep or just looking menacing to the sheep?

And does the farmer bother asking the sheeps opinion before shooting the dog? Maybe they just want to play…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Whats the description of sheep worrying then?

I think the problem is that sheep are so neurotic that they panic whether the threat is real or perceived and commit suicide by running into barbed-wire.

Daft dozy creatures.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Bit harsh on the sheep, shooting them because they’re worried about Dogs. Perhaps commas never made it past the farm gate?

lowey

Its nothing to do with being neurotic. At this time of year all the ewes are heavily pregnant. A dog in the field simply making them run could result in all the ewes loosing their lambs as well as their own lifes.

A single dog in a field full of pregnant sheep could cause real problems for the farmer.

jj55

have you ever seen the consequences of a dog attack on sheep? at this time of year ewes are heavily pregnant and liable to abort if chased by dogs. lambs are appearing and are usually ripped apart if dogs cach them, even adult sheep can be disembowelled by a small dog,and end up running round the field with their entrails hanging out. famers quiet rightly get very upset by this, and not only for finacial reasons! even the most placid of pet dogs are capable of doing this. shooting dogs is common practice to prevent this happening.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I saw a sign yesterday saying “dogs running loose will be shot”

As Lowey said.

druidh
    Free Member

alwyn – Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE shoot the stupid dog next door, wakes me up at about 3am every morning without fail. Spoken to owners who just don’t care.

Get some sheep, shoot the dog. Sorted.

And you don’t have to cut the grass either – bonus!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Worried sheep looking for a pen to hide in :

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

alwyn just tell your neighbour that you don’t want their dog spending the night with you anymore.

geetee1972
    Free Member

What about people worrying sheep? You know the type I mean!

ski
    Free Member

I have seen the consequences first hand, a few years back when I used to work on a farm & at the time if I had a gun with me I would have had no issues shooting.

One of the worst thing I have ever see was while checking a flock, late at night, for ewe’s having problems lambing. I came across what I thought was a ewe having problems on her side in great pain.

Only when I got close, I relized the ewe had a dog with its head inside her stomach tearing at her.

Not a pretty sight, and still sends a chill down my spine.

We also had a case of some sick mother, putting a stanley knife down the side of a cows, I don’t know if I could have controlled myself, if I had caught the person responsible for that.

alpin
    Free Member

since when have sheep been kept at hylands?

think you northern types are thinking of hyde park. completely different. different location and more more importantly spelt differently.

i used to live five minutes from there. mum still walks the dogs there as there is now some cafe up at the house. the house was used recently in some film, doubling as the white house. don’t remember the film.

would regularly fly kites over on the field (in a northerl/ north-westerly) and ride throuh at night and get stoned in the woods on way to the viper pub at margaretting. also quite a popular place for gays to hang out looking for a bumming.

rode through once (quite stoned) at dusk through the woods on the right-hand side of the entrance. came round a corner and there was a bloke standing there. nearly hit him. rode further on and there was another bloke standing in the middle of the path. asked him if he was waiting for some one or had a dog he was waiting for. he said no, but in a weird, not really sure sort of way. soon realised why. (think i got his hopes up). so on i rode and there was a bloke sitting on a tree stump being sucked off by another guy. arrrrrgh! all sorts of crazy sh!t went through my head. had images of being pinned down and bummed. i never knew my legs had such a turn of speed. i rode past another bloke-just standing there- scaring the poo out of him as i nearly knocked him over. got out on to the footpath. fell to the ground laughing so hard it hurt.

interesting ride that one.

also used to regularly see lots of cars pull up around lunch time, occupanbt from one car would jump out and climb into the car behind. didn’t take long for the windows to get a bit steamed up so i’ve no idea what was going on. probably had a little stove or kettle or something….

J

TheSanityAssassin

Can we legally shoot the Welsh now then?

alpin
    Free Member

besides, there are two halves of essex. divided by the a12. the southern half, where i grew up and where the old man is from is shit. southend, PITsea, basildon, lakeside, grays, tilbury. it’s where the stillettos and hand bags, XR3i boy racer image comes from.
    the northern half, where my mum insists she comes from is actually rather nice. saffron walden, finchingfield, the abbotts, the walthams. lots of quaint village pubs, thatched houses and village greens.

chelmsford lays directly on the a12, although my mum would argue it is slighty to the north, therefore better. i would say it’s a mix of the two, but more southy than nothern. but an improvement on grays. god that is shit.

redthunder
    Free Member

Read this:

“The Animal Act 1971 Protection of Livestock Against Dogs”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Basildon? A mate of mine’s ex and their kids live there. He said he’s thinking of moving there. 😯

What a sh1thole that place is. I really do not think it has any redeeming features, whatsoever.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘I’ll shoot your dog….’ is closed to new replies.