Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • IKEA bikes
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve seen them in the stores, they’re OK if you like them but there’s better value out there. You can get a Trek FX for that price.

Esme
    Free Member

We’ve had one or two threads already . . .
    I think the “clean” belt drive might prove popular.

simon_g

To be fair, it’s not quite the same thing as a chain-driven, V-braked, derailleur-geared, mudguard-less Trek FX.

I’ve been following these since they were announced, need to stop by an IKEA to have a look. Could really do with a cheap(ish) bike for nipping to town and sticking a child seat on for the nursery run.

vdubber67
    Free Member

To be fair the Trek FX that was mentioned above is about 47 times better looking than these monstrosities though…

HOLD ON…I’ve just seen the trailers!! They look ACE 🙂

cookeaa

The description reads like it’s designed to be a hardy commuting bike.

This caught my attention:

25-year guarantee on the frame and 10-year guarantee on the belt drive.

That’s quite a bold commitment if it’s a “BSO”…

fourbanger
    Free Member

To be fair the Trek FX that was mentioned above is about 47 times better looking than these monstrosities though…

To be fair, this is a practical bike for getting around in all weathers and carrying your shopping.

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw one yesterday. Look brilliant. Rack looks really sturdy, mudguards decent, kickstand included. Ultra low maintenance (all I can think you’d need to do would be lube that front brake cable every year or so). Looked very well made.

Just need a reasonably flat town in which to live and you’re sorted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘IKEA bikes’ is closed to new replies.