Ikea and getting things home

Home Forum Chat Forum Ikea and getting things home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ikea and getting things home
  • Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

B&Q my man, it’s still open

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

B&Q opens at 7 and there is a B&Q next to the Wednesbury and Bletchley stores.

Premier Icon Kona TC
    Subscriber

Thanks

Not thinking laterally

B&Q obvious Doh…

and one next to Ikea

problem solved …

time to watch corrie

woffle

Still have memories of buying a double bed and mattress and then remembering we were in a hatchback. You wouldn’t have though you could fold a brand new mattress in half but you can if needs must!

druidh

I always thought that Ikea should do a public transmission of a live feed from the customer loading area. What some folk will attempt is hilarious.

Premier Icon paulosoxo
    Subscriber

Like the fella me and my dad watched, old knackered cavalier. Throws two fence panels on the roof, no roof rack. puts rope through open car windows, through other side, does this a few times, loads of big knots, then trys to open the car door to get in.

ummm that’ll be tied shut, never mind, he climbed in, true dukes of hazard stylee.

you had to be there I suppose 🙂

antigee

sure a guy trying to balance a wardrobe size package in the back of an Audi TT convertable with the roof down the other day
    oh how i laughed

trail_rat

sold my fiesta to a couple of czechs…

was driving to uni one day and saw it on the other carridgeway with an entire 6×4 shed in bits strapped to the roof …. (it too never had roof bars)

Premier Icon Kona TC
    Subscriber

Need to visit Ikea in the morning to collect some wardrobes, I have got roof bars but don’t have any straps or rope to tie them on

does anyone know if Ikea sell straps in store?

project

Unwaxed sash cord, very strong, and durable,dont forget to go over the top, roof bar to roof bar, and across front, to stop stuff slideing off in a severe braking manouvre,as youll get a big fine and possibly endorsement for haveing an insecure load, thats if you dont injure anyone,always stop and check after a few miles the ropes are still tight.
    Enjoy the total frustration of the assembly of Ikea furniture when you get home,and always assemble in the room where the furniture is going to live and die.
    Awaits new post tomorrow,parts missing/damaged/etc from Ikea.

Premier Icon Brother_Will
    Subscriber

Simply take it to the home delivery desk, most deliveries within a week but usually within a couple of days.

Premier Icon matthewjb
    Subscriber

Simply take it to the home delivery desk,

Agreed. Often it’s next day delivery.

If you’re getting wardrobes it’s the only way.

Premier Icon Kona TC
    Subscriber

After a trip to B&Q making my way to the checkout spotted that Ikea sells TÅT Luggage rope
    £3.91
    they also had the ratchet straps

As the box weighed 48Kg ended up putting it in the car, which with the front seat fully forward fitted easily.

Premier Icon Brother_Will
    Subscriber

0845 3551142 is the number to call for missing parts 😉

I’ve got tie-downs ,from when I used to transport my enduro bike(motorcycle)around the country. Squeezed a mattress in the wife’s old Brava,the other week. Visibility wasn’t great..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ikea and getting things home’ is closed to new replies.