Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • IGN Serie Blue update
  • flashes
    Free Member

I stay at a mates in France, he lives in the centre of 4 IGN maps and now the new TGV is being run thrugh that area I was hoping to buy him updated maps. However Stamford’s cannot tell me if the maps have been updated and I’m struggling to find out. I’m not keen on buying 4 maps at £12 each to find the line isn’t on them. Any ideas?

Stoner
    Free Member

check on geoportail first?

http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil

If you tell me the map numbers I can have a look in the map shop in Upton next time I drop in (it’s only a few miles away) which stocks them all.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@flashes – a nice idea but I would suggest you just print out the screen shots from geoportal. You could do what yachtsmen do and just mark up the maps with the changes.

flashes
    Free Member

Stoner, cheers;

Sauze Vaussais 1729O,
    Villefagan 1730O,
    Ruffec 1730E,
    Civray 1729E.

It’ll probably be the first 2, maybe 3……….

Stoner
    Free Member

flashes, assuming your mate is somewhere near here where the Charente gets close to the TGV line, then at least it is shown on the current IGN raster.

They do update the Carte Bleue pretty regularly Ive found, but I will see if I can get an edition number from the hard copies in the Upton shop to confirm. They’re a good shop to order from too, so I can get them to reserve them if you like and you can phone an order through.

http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil?c=0.21546416943357577,46.101444264223446&z=0.00004291534423764136&l=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS.3D::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS==aggregate(1)&permalink=yes

flashes
    Free Member

According to that link (V good by the way) it’ll be;
    Sauze Vaussais 1729O and Villefagan 1730O.
    I only want to buy new maps when the bridges / underpassses are on them, as currently you go for a ride up a trail then come across the line, it’s then working out how to get to the other side without a) getting crushed by earth movers, or yelled at by workman……..
    Although I have discovered my normal Mate’s house to bar / Pattiserie at the nearest town 7 miles(off road) away is still doable……….

Stoner
    Free Member

flashes,

Just been into Upton and the map shop.

The 4 maps for your mates area are all old imprints but current editions (1999-2009, Editions 4 or 5) and none of them have the new line marked.

I misread your post and thought the existing SNCF line was the one you were after. I didnt know about the SEA being constructed in parallel.

IGN have marked the new line construction on their 1:50,000, but when you zoom into the Carte Bleue 1:25,000 it disappears. Check it out here:
    http://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil?c=0.12547069256574317,46.019788737459756&z=0.00008583068847489914&l=GEOGRAPHICALGRIDSYSTEMS.MAPS.3D::GEOPORTAIL:OGC:WMTS==aggregate(1)&permalink=yes

zoom in one notch and you’ll see the line disappear.

flashes
    Free Member

Yep, thank you for looking. I’ll wait til they update the maps.
    Thanks again for your help…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘IGN Serie Blue update’ is closed to new replies.