If you’ve resprayed an Inbred, what about decals??

Home Forum Bike Forum If you’ve resprayed an Inbred, what about decals??

• This topic has 31 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by  GW.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • If you’ve resprayed an Inbred, what about decals??
  • Premier Icon gonetothehills
    Subscriber

Hit up Gil at The Cycleshed.

I’ve never had any done, but have heard good things on here and was suggested that route for a very similar request that I had.

clubber

Or just rebrand it and make up your own 🙂

shinsplints

Spray it orange & then stick little black tiger stripes on it with duck tape.Mick Arms has done this & actual tigers want to shag his bike.’Tis true,ask him.

mamadirt

Yep, Gil at the Cycle Shed did mine. Top job.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Mick Arms has done this & actual tigers want to shag his bike.’Tis true,ask him.

LOL. 🙂

druidh

Aye – Gils your man.

Make sure he checks the spelling though…..

shinsplints

takisawa2 – ask him about his trip to Longleat….LOL

CountZero

The point of the Summer Season is the simplicity of having a bare metal frame with just matt laquer to prevent rust. The beauty is you don’t have to worry about scraping or chipping the paint, and the bike gets a real neat ‘patination’, that adds to the character of the bike. I have an Inbred 567 with the same finish and it’s great; I clean it with a scotchbrite scouring pad, there’s rust around the ends of the gussets, and there are chips in the paint. You know what? I don’t give a toss. My 853 SS, on the other hand, I’m almost paranoid about leaning it against things in case I scratch it. Leave it as is and enjoy not worrying about it.

Premier Icon Mugboo
    Subscriber

Thinking of buying and spraying a Summer frame, but it won’t look finished without decals and a head badge. On One don’t sell them seperately.

Anybody got a good solution?

topangarider

Mamadirt – where did you get it sprayed?

Cheers

mamadirt

Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds. They did both my Inbreds and an earlier Orange C16R.

Premier Icon Mugboo
    Subscriber

Thanks guys/girls. I’m in Bradford so Bob Jackson and cycle shed both do able. Plus i’ve got a mate you does signage for a living, i reckon he could do stickers in one colour like that.
    Druidh are the stickers laquered over?

CountZ, I ride a baby blue 456 and my bro in law has a Summer, i pefer the painted finish and don’t want to ride round on matching bikes..

PeterPoddy

Done as part of a respray & new chainstay job by Argos Cycles in Bristol
    😀

higgo

Mine’s been powdercoated black and has no decals or head badge.

It doesn’t look or ride like an unfinished bike*

(*other opinions are available, check at time of riding)

juan

ask for some shedfire stickers 😉

druidh

Mugboo – no lacquer over mine. That’s over two years now and a couple of them are just starting to look a bit worn.

PeterPoddy

ask for some shedfire stickers

Heheheee!

😉

Premier Icon Mugboo
    Subscriber

That looks sweet PP

carlphillips

didn’t someone on here have the pdf’s or something of the decals, don’t on one have any they could e mail over?

alcooker

I just resprayed my summer season and am busting to get graphics back on and get the bike built. Gil isn’t working until well into November so I wondered if anyone has a PDF or could take some decent sized photos of the graphics and maybe get the dimensions. Have emailed On-One but no joy.

Thanks

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

I have a EPS file downloaded ages ago from the On-One site with the Inbred graphics…You’ve no email address in your profile: email me and I’ll send you a copy.

alcooker

Thanks Nuke, will do.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber
    alcooker

Cheers Nuke,
    I can use parts of it, always liked the little ON-ONE fella aswell. Sent you the file back converted to PDF in case you ever need to pass it on again.
    Frame is now ready for decals, took me ages to get the greeny grey colour I wanted. Today, after the final rub down I realised it’s very similar in colour to a raw 456, shoud’ve just had it bead blasted and clearcoated! Probably will in the future.

Thanks again

incognito

Check eBay, there was a set on there a couple of weeks back.

I’m loving that orange pp, I getting mine redone in orange too.

Mamadirt, do you mind me asking how much yours was?

MrNutt

Stickers, not decals.

alcooker

Yep, still on there but I don’t want the white background to the ‘ON ONE’, want to keep it minimal, Hammerschmidt on the front, single ring on the back.

incognito

looks better imo with the white background.

are your’s lacquered over pp?

alcooker

Here’s a pic of the current state, finished but not stickered , 20 quids worth of paint from London graphics centre (3 colours blended) probably put more clearcoat on after stickers. The colour is pretty much what I was after, but I wish I’d seen Armourtex’s powder coating site before I bothered doing it myself, could’ve had it raw and about 2lbs lighter without all the paint. Enjoyed it though.

Hopefully that’s how images are put on

alcooker

Clearly not how images are put on

link instead [/url]

GW

Done as part of a respray & new chainstay job by Argos Cycles in Bristol

😯
    would it not have been cheaper to just buy another inbred frame?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘If you’ve resprayed an Inbred, what about decals??’ is closed to new replies.