Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • If you've found an iPod…..
  • daveh
    Free Member

…..and it’s got a passcode on it, is there anyway of finding its owner?

z1ppy

I put up notices in the area I found one, admittedly it was a small park. Don’t supposes there’s an engraving

steveoath
    Free Member

serial number on the back surely?

daveh
    Free Member

Some notices posted apparently (it was actually a non IT savvy chap down the road who found it, today he asked whether I could help). How does the s/n help?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

If I lost one I would go to the nearest police station and hope someone had handed it in. I would take it there.

steveoath
    Free Member

could apple “geniuses” not look up the serial number and see who its registered to?

daveh
    Free Member

Think the old way is still the way, I’ll give it back and tell him to hand it in to the police. I know it’s ‘Georgia’s’ and judging by the case she’s a youngish lass but that’s not much help! I’m presently charging it and might open up the guest WiFi network with no password in case that enables a ‘find iPhone’ type message.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It might have a registered owner – Apple can check, take it to a store. To be honest an iPod is a pretty generic item. You should contact the police formally but its a hassle for them to do the paperwork on such a modest item.

Drac

Look on local Facebook groups for anyone asking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘If you've found an iPod…..’ is closed to new replies.