if your life / body had an off switch would you have pressed it?

Home Forum Chat Forum if your life / body had an off switch would you have pressed it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • if your life / body had an off switch would you have pressed it?
  • Jamie

I would prefer a reset button myself.

Mackem

I like the idea of the reset button.

ed34

yeah that would be good. Stupid human body.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

I’d rather a rewind button πŸ™‚

Edit: oh and in answer to the OP, probably yes. Though glad it doesn’t as I’d have pushed it in my early twenties and missed out on meeting mrs blobby and blobby jr (bugger, it’s just got dusty in here.)

Perhaps a rewind rather than reset. There is plenty Id rather not experience twice but a few things that Id be curious to see the different outcomes of.

Premier Icon eat_more_cheese
    Subscriber

I’m sure the Samaritans would provide a more suitable answer to your question. Good luck

Jamie

I’d rather a rewind button

Interesting. In the computer game Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time, you have the ability to rewind 10-20 seconds. So if you fall off a ledge to your doom, then back up you go.

Maybe something a bit longer than this would be ideal, but it usually only takes me that long to realise I have done something stupid 8)

doh

something like a computer game respawn point would be nicer.

shaggmiester

eat_more_cheese – Member
    I’m sure the Samaritans would provide a more suitable answer to your question. Good luck

POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Very compassionate answer… πŸ™„

Premier Icon thetallpaul
    Subscriber

I’m just waiting for rejuvenation procedures to be developed.
    So many things to do, I need more time to do them.

Ha, well I feel like I’ve just been left on “standby”

Premier Icon johnikgriff
    Subscriber

There’s the odd bit I wouldn’t have minded fast forwarding through……

But pause and rewind would be nice, not sure I ever want to be off,

willard

Is that a low power standby, or something un-eco-friendly?

OP, I think we all think like that sometimes, the thing is to just realise that there is more to do. Cheer up lad.

allthegear

Certainly on the reset/reboot switch we all have that capability. I know I had to press it and make some big changes to my life. It wasn’t easy but the results were worth it!! πŸ™‚

Rachel

Jamie

I know I had to press it and make some big changes to my life. It wasn’t easy but the results were worth it!!

Waaaaa! But I want easy 😑

Danny B.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Jeez, that rewind button would have saved so much grief. Just one day back… *sigh*

iolo

To the op – What a bloody odd question

Jamie

Jeez, that rewind button would have saved so much grief. Just one day back… *sigh*

You still wanting to take back watching Drive?

fasthaggis

Yeah,a rewind button and a hoverboard, excellent .

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Nah, even with my current depression there is too many good things in my life and too many people I would not want to leave behind.

Tempting though.

Same really for a reset button – the people I have in my life are generally good people and would I get to the same point with a reset?

Cheers

Jamie

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

“pause” would be handy sometimes. Allow the rest of the world to carry on for a while while I get some sleep…

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Drive was but a minor dip in the rollercoaster of life…

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

no, I don’t want to end my life, or put it on hold, or rewind it either.

no matter what, keep on keeping on.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

It depends. If it was big and red and said DO NOT PUSH and had a safety barrier around it, then yes I’d have pushed it. And so would everyone else.

hora

If we had guns in this country as in America I wonder what it would do to our UK suicide rates?

OP, if you need to talk about anything I’m here markhoracekuk at yahoooooo.com. I’ll probably be no help and I’ll probably try buying something off you just to dick you around but hey.

warton

I’d like a snooze button at the moment.

Id set it for a day, right now.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

I would prefer a reset button myself.

I’ve pressed mine twice. Theres maybe less to it than people think to just change everything. I first pressed mine when I had a quick succession of encounters with people who’d had near-death encounters and in the aftermath had decided to change all the things about their life that they weren’t happy with. Not necessarily seismic changes, maybe just work/life balance things, but sometimes it involved walking away from things that on the face of it were very successful and into something a lot more unknown. I was just struck that the people who I’ve known who’ve survived ambushes in the vietnam war, survived brain tumours, survived being run over by a bus are all very mellow. Made me think that I could manage without the massive trauma ,thanks, and just settle for being relaxed.

ed34

for some reason recently i’ve started thinking sometimes i wish i just had an ‘off’ switch i could press and that would be it, permanently shutdown like an obsolete robot.

I’m 99.9% sure i’d never top myself in any normal way but if i had this switch then it would have been pressed by now.

Anyone else ever think this?

bigyinn

Id rather have a pause button, where you could go on a rampage whilst everything else stood still.
    You could get up to some serious naughtiness…. πŸ˜‰

compositepro

the cure for winter blues and dark mornings isnt an off switch

its an aeroplane trip to sunny warm climes

failing that a SAD lamp is 60 quid

disclaimer other lamp types are available

bikebouy

I pointed at a bit of MrsBouys body this morning and said “ahh look it’s resting” πŸ˜†

I could have done with a rewind button, right there, right then 😯

fasthaggis

id rather have a pause button, where you could go on a rampage whilst everything else stood still.
    You could get up to some serious naughtiness…

You need a magic boomerang for that πŸ™‚

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh4zqPyHlII[/video]

yunki

I pressed the stop button once, the Off switch.. I miraculously survived, and am very glad that I did..
    It’s staggering how much your circumstances, outlook, everything can change, even when you think that there’s no reason to carry on..
    I’ve been from beyond hopelessness to complete jubilation, and everything in between.. More than once

Don’t ever be afraid to use the reset button instead though.. It may seem like a big deal to **** everything off completely and start again from scratch, overwhelming even, but it can do wonders for enabling huge and profound shifts in your perception..

I found a couple of near death experience was enough to act as a reset button. While recovering or waiting to be recovered I found my outlook on life changed a lot.

I am now far more cautious but also happier.

With regard to the FWD and RWD controllers for life I would rather have one that worked on other people rather than me. Imagine beng able to put people on Mute ar just fast forwarding them out of you life?

natrix

With their access to drugs, Doctors and Vets have a sort off ‘off’ button and their suicide rate is higher than normal, so I’m quite glad we don’t have one fitted. πŸ˜€

TuckerUK

Dupe post.

TuckerUK

Anyone else ever think this?

Yes.

Bit more complicated with me, I have people that’d miss me, so I’d need them to die first. After that, yes, I’d press that button without hesitation.

Life isn’t a game that all of us want to participate in.

Not myself.

But in my day-job this is a question I ask people all the time.

I think it is ok to feel like this if your life really has no possibility of being any good ever again, and others would agree.
    But if others wouldn’t I think you need to look at how you change your life or yourself.

When I get more worried is when people start to think about how they actually would kill themselves and make plans or preparations.

To the OP. You’re not mad. Talk to someone.

Bit more complicated with me, I have people that’d miss me, so I’d need them to die first. After that, yes, I’d press that button without hesitation.

Life isn’t a game that all of us want to participate in.

This, very much so. Certainly during my mid 20’s the only thing that stopped me was the thought that my close family (parents and wife) would be utterly destroyed by it and I’d be dooming them to a painful life. I’m glad that I didn’t for the most part but I still have my dark days whereby if I had an off button, at my lowest ebb, I would press it.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

I always thought a bypass button would be great. Flick a switch and shutters come down over your eyes and you kick back inside and watch a movie whilst the exterior you gets on with the stupefyingly boring stuff. Currently I actively look for avoidance activity to stop myself doing the stuff I don’t want to do which is just counter productive.

There are probably already chemical solutions for my needs!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘if your life / body had an off switch would you have pressed it?’ is closed to new replies.