If you were looking for a cheap enduro frame and fork???

Home Forum Bike Forum If you were looking for a cheap enduro frame and fork???

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • If you were looking for a cheap enduro frame and fork???
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Heckler, Mega, (load of otheres at whatever price you decide) anything 26″ that is old fashioned now..
    Fork 36/Lyrik or new X Fusion

rob jackson

pitch and lyriks

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Prophets were underrated and cheap now.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Heckler is a bit steep for its travel, I had one and felt quite high up and on top of the bike. Mega is a good shout.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Build the heckler round a long 160 and its great.

spendtoomuch

Trek scratch?

Whole bikes can be had fairly cheaply

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

I did, still steeper angles than other comparative bikes.

mattzzzzzz

Giant reign? Head angle maybe too steep though, if you look at older frames look for something that will fit a slackset/ angle reducing headset , what is your budget?
    What about a great slack LT hardtail along the normal lines- heres an old thread so look for these type of frames
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/long-travel-hardtails-show-me

When money was short I built a Transition vagrant with 36s and it was great fun and only cost a few hundred quid

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Defiantly don’t want a hard tail, I need some skill compensation.

mattzzzzzz

BTW i have a Mega- great bike and cost around 500 for frame and 250 for forks( lyriks)both off the classifieds

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Titus El Guapo, through On-One.
    £800 brand new I think…which is ALMOST like second hand prices on many frames.

I have a Mega. It’s pretty good.

I_Ache

I have an 06 Enduro frame with a shock that works fine but has wear on the stanchion that I could be persuaded to part with for £200. Its a great bike but too short for me, its a medium and I need a large. Works fantastically with Lyriks.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

So, had a few minor financial problems recently, which means I don’t have the budget for the bike I wanted for the summer.

I am looking for something cheap and cheerful second-hand, slack angles, air shock and around 160mm forks, I expect to get the frame and forks separately and already have wheels and running gear i can fit to it all.

What frames should I be keeping an eye out for on the classifieds?

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

You wont go far wrong with a 05 or 06 Specialized Enduro with some Lyriks. . We have had three, only sold as we got 2011 Enduros, daughter still has hers.

ianpv

I had an 05 enduro, didn’t love it, but was great when it got up to speed. It would be a good choice for enduro racing.

I also had a heckler, and agree that it is too short/steep, and a long fork didn’t really help it.

Old reigns are bit too steep too, I think.

I then got an 08 patriot which is bombproof and adjustable – I run it at 160mm both ends most of the time, but have run it with a short shock for 140mm travel and longer coil shock for 178mm travel too. the only drawback is a 27.2 seat post really. Still got it, can’t really see the need to change it, to be honest. Although I’m off the bike for 6 months at least if you fancy buying it (I have a selection of shocks and shock shuttles, too!).

Prophet also a good choice and silly cheap now (also 27.2 post though).

One advantage of old single pivots is that a bearing change isn’t going to cost the earth (about a tenner on the patriot, for example). FSRs get a bit more pricey and fiddly to change the bearings on if you’re tight for cash.

lank45

2006 enduro, great bike and can be picked up for a decent price as shown a few posts up ^^^

patriotpro

Just when you think you’ve seen it all, a mod posts a link to the classifieds…

I_Ache

patriotpro – Member
    Just when you think you’ve seen it all, a mod the owner posts a link to the classifieds..

FIFY

Dave

Which is against which forum rule?

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Frames can be ok but you can often spend a little more and bag a whole bike. You can always sell the bits you don’t need. I bought an immaculate Prophet off fleabay last year for £400 with Pikes – you’d struggle to buy the frame and forks sperately for that price.

As above, 06 Spesh Enduro / SX Trail

JCL

2010+ year Enduro.

nonk

Dave – Moderator

Which is against which forum rule?
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

The one about you not being allowed to profit from a link ?

Premier Icon jairaj
    Subscriber

The one about you not being allowed to profit from a link ?

doubt he is making a profit at that price? I’m sure it cost a lot more when he got it.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

doubt he is making a profit at that price?

I don’t know, seems expensive for a filing cabinet to me, but I can see he is desperately short of cash to get his pointing sorted out 😉

fieldy

2008 Enduro with E150 forks works well.
    Just so happens I’ve got a stripped (raw) large frame, forks and wheels plus a few other bits and bobs up for grabs 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘If you were looking for a cheap enduro frame and fork???’ is closed to new replies.