Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • If you were going to disappear – where would you go?
  • aP
    Free Member

Just mulling the escape clause. Where would you go?

granny_ring

Somewhere with cracking singletrack.

funkmasterp

Alaska

nickjb
    Free Member

If I wanted to disappear I probably wouldn’t post about it on social media

Rubber_Buccaneer

The shed

fasthaggis

Hounslow

maccruiskeen

I have disappeared. This is where I ended up.

franksinatra

A little bit disappear, Mull

Properly disappear, bike, tent and global nomadic travels.

tuboflard

Deepest British Columbia. Maybe even Vancouver Island. Lots of opportunities to disappear there.

w00dster

As in do a midnight flit? Yeah wouldn’t be writing about it here.
    Getting away from it all (legally etc), then Northern Spain, Girona area. Busy but not crowded, great riding, access to mountains, beaches, great weather and what seems a relaxed way of life.

ElShalimo

Wigan Pier

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ouagadougou or if I wanted to vanish beyond the event horizon into an unknowable blackness of infinitesimal obscurity, Frizzington

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Edit: Batley.

Drac

Pub.

bonni

Tora Bora

p7eaven
    Free Member

To middle-age.

scruff9252

I’d head off, just me, the bike and the sweet sweet trails behind the nationwide in Swindon.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Oopmiawn Asoll

sparksmcguff

Anywhere where there’s a tourist industry – it’s what a friend from school did!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Depends on who’d be looking but north Africa or South America. There my be better places but I don’t know them.

kayak23

Behind me grans wardrobe.

marcusbrody
    Free Member

Depends who is looking. Possibly the Nilgiris in Southern India.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

The Yukon.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

‘Spoon’s bogs

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Depends, to get away from the inlaws then yup, go somewhere with nice biking.

To win a series of the Hunted. Chuck on an old coat and go homeless. Has to be better than the usual plan hide on a campsite/bothy in Scotland or Wales where you stick out like a sore thumb and eventually the locals shop you for the reward.

zzjabzz
    Free Member
    ‘Spoon’s bogs

I wouldn’t, the flush in the en suite wont shift a #2.

matt_outandabout

Possibly the Nilgiris in Southern India.

There’s an empty house in Ooty at the moment our family had vacated….

Personally NZ or Tasmania appeals, although keeping moving by bike doing seasonal work through Europe also appeals.

martinhutch

To win a series of the Hunted. Chuck on an old coat and go homeless. Has to be better than the usual plan hide on a campsite/bothy in Scotland or Wales where you stick out like a sore thumb and eventually the locals shop you for the reward.

Until the producers get bored of your antics and decide to contrive your capture anyhow via the GPS tracker you’re carrying around.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

To disappear is not a place.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

London. Nobody who knows me would ever dream of looking for me there.

kilo

Depends who you’re escaping from. Non-arrestable / domestics matters, I’d probably go to Ireland- reciprocal rights, freedom of movement, friendly population, large areas are very rural and peaceful anything a bit more serious probably southern Spain; English widely spoken, lots of cheap accommodation, again freedom of movement (atm), large ex-pat community so easier to be anonymous (although this can also work against you – been a lot of crime stoppers I tell garnered over the last few years) and good weather. Amsterdam and other cities in the Netherlands popular for similar reasons, the downsides there being you’ll be surrounded by scouse crims doing something similar so will probably return home sooner to avoid accents and casuals clothing.
    Anything more serious, depends how much you can pay – Panama, Dubai seem to be popular – English widely spoken, good standards of living, centres for bent banking.

Or just turn off the mobiles and leave the internet and stay at home and don’t bother, as the great Norman Stanley Fletcher said, “ Before too long he’ll be Googie Withers again.”

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’d probably do Portugal or northern Spain. Maybe south eastern Europe, (Bulkans) amazing area but bigger language issues.

To middle-age.

Off to be the wizard?

lunge

With budget – New Zealand.
    Without budget – London.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d be the Scottish Labour leader, no one would have a clue who you are.

martinhutch

If you can’t master the accent, you could lead the LibDems down here for a similar effect.

mutepoint
    Free Member

Shhhhhh my precious!

lawman91

Squamish or Downieville I think, just for the trails. Squamish is probably a little too like the UK weather wise, Downieville would have a better climate…

convert

Can’t read the title without thinking of Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household. You’d hope to go to ground somewhere rural but as stated above staying put like that and not attracting attention is hard to achieve.

In reality the rather dull answer (assuming we are talking uk) is to move to a new area, probably south of england where no one really cares/notices who their neighbour is, and rent a borng semi. I guess the problem long term would be getting legit work without using your NI number or accessing your old bank accounts.

maccruiskeen

If you can’t master the accent…..

He can’t 🙂

willard

Somewhere with a barter economy.

the-muffin-man

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘If you were going to disappear – where would you go?’ is closed to new replies.