Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • If you were 6'1" with 33" legs what size HT frame would you buy?
  • Smee
    Free Member

Seeing as I appear to have no idea what a good fit is in a MTB what sized frame do I want?

renton
    Free Member

that depends on manufacturer of the frame to be honest as some company's large would be another's medium!

renton
    Free Member

saying that if it was an inbred then you could go 18 or 20 inch frame!!

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Wheels on the ground XC then 20", more jumpy style of riding then an 18" IMO.

ton

a 20'' baby blue cove stiffee from a very good reliable source………………….. 8)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I'm 6'1" and a bit with a 33" inside leg and always use a 17" or thereabouts.

69er
    Free Member

18 – 19" depending on maunfacturer. Chuck your leg over it first!

trail_rat
    Free Member

haha TZF measured up his frame last week – he needs a 20mm stem to get a close to ideal seat to bar lenght ! – currently has a 120mm on and wonders why A it hurts and B he washes out all the time in corners …

will help you later on msn george – working the now !

steve_b77
    Free Member

5'11" with a 32.5" inside leg here and I ride a 17" cove handjob with a 90mm stem.

Might help

squattingmouse
    Free Member

6 ft 2 here with 32 inch inside leg. I ride an 18 inch inbred and a 17 inch coiler. Both my sizes are picked on the chuckable end of the spectrum rather than the racey xc end and I find 18 insh is a good all-day but no hurried bike whilst 17 inch is more of a play bike.

flatback
    Free Member

19 specialized stumpjumper and a large scott scale fit me and i am your size,but i like a racy slightly stretched position

emac65
    Free Member

I'm that size & always go for a "large" size or 19"-20".As above if you want to throw it around a lot you may want the next size down,I've tried riding the next size down on a few brands & athough they are a bit more "chuckable" they just feel wrong every where else for me(even with stem changes & layback posts etc).

zaskar
    Free Member

Ditto for me. Depends on the frame which I choose 19-20" but it depends on the frame.

I like the racey position too but it has to be pain free too.

Best trying the bike out if possible.

Also you could get yourself a pro cycle fit (£30-40) if you are spending a lot on a bike especially road bikes.

RevWill
    Free Member

I'm that height, and the important thing is effective toptube, which I'll have at 23.5-8" with a 70mm(ish) stem.

PJay
    Free Member

I'm 6' with a 34" inseam and ride a 20" Inbred (I fall between sizes) which works well for me, although others would probably go for an 18". I've got my eye on a 19" Genesis Altitude frame as a possible purchase later on. If you're not already sold on a specific frame there are plenty of options and most manufacturers have sizing charts that should give you a reasonable fit.

rOcKeTdOg

depends on the top tube length
    6ft2" 33 leg-17.5" PA,19" Wanga, 56cm roadie,18.5" ex8, large singular swift here

BlingBling
    Free Member

19"

CountZero

I'm around the six foot mark, with 33" inseam, and my Remedy 66 is a 17.5", and both my Inbreds are 18" with 70mm stems, which I find just perfect.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘If you were 6'1" with 33" legs what size HT frame would you buy?’ is closed to new replies.