Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • If you only watch one 12 year old Egyptian
  • wwaswas

sum up his countries political and social issues in a 2 minute interview today…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDm2PrNV1I[/video]

He’s not just repeating stuff, he understands what’s being done and the implications of it. Fabulous.

Not what the interviewer expected at all.

klumpy
    Free Member

Any Arabic speakers care to chip in on whether the subtitles are what he’s saying? I hope they are, really really do, but you could put anything there and I wouldn’t know!

DezB
    Free Member

Wow. What a kid, carrying all that stuff around in his head.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He makes politics appear as child’s play. And of course politics is a lot less complicated than many people appear to think it is. Once you have a basic understanding, as he does, then you can figure out most things for yourself.

Whatever he says about having discovered his own political understanding his parents should take a great deal of credit for creating the right conditions, and almost certainly pointing him in the right direction.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Any Arabic speakers care to chip in on whether the subtitles are what he’s saying?

If you are going to be that suspicious then presumably you are also going to need proof that the interview wasn’t scripted ?

camo16
    Free Member

If you are going to be that suspicious then presumably you are also going to need proof that the interview wasn’t scripted ?

I’m not even convinced this really took place in Egypt. 😯

Forward the video to 2.25 and you can make out a red double-decker in the background, which I believe to be the Islington service.

This is a top lad – in an ideal world, he’d not have to be this serious at his age.

senorj

WOW! bright boy & right too.
    His attitude gives a bit of hope that religious extremists may not have infinite political control. fingers crossed.
    Thanks for posting.

hatter

That kid and those like him are more of a threat to the world’s fundamentalist morons than anything the U.S. Neo-cons ever did or could ever do, how utterly inspiring.

Sadly I feel that he and those with similarly cogent, calm and rational viewpoints have a long hard road ahead of them both in Egypt and in the rest of the Middle East.

Best of luck to him though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He has an excellent political and constitutional vocabulary for one so young

I am also in the suspicious camp and would want clarification that this is what he really is saying
    I would also hazard a guess that he is a Coptic Christian

Only in communist countries do we need to suspect this 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If the guy is as intelligent and articulate as appears from the video (lets hope so) then we now know where to send Michael Gove for 6 months (you choose!) to understand about educational improvement and standards. 😉

Not the average 12 year old’s vocab, grammar, logic and articulation.

globalti
    Free Member

Egyptians can have prodigious children, same as any other nation.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘If you only watch one 12 year old Egyptian’ is closed to new replies.