Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • If you only buy the Athletics Weekly once in your life….. (Seb Coe content)
  • surfer
    Free Member

Make it this week as it looks back on his career. You may not like his politics or what has happened at the IAAF but nobody could deny as an athlete he was one the greatest we have ever seen.
    His 1:41 in florence when he became the first man inside 1:42 and effectively put the record out of reach for years was one of the most staggering runs I have ever seen:

Sorry for the poor video:

[video]https://youtu.be/o0e1yaMIM08[/video]

And if you have time 20 of his best:

[video]https://youtu.be/ENZ6PSEloP4[/video]

Enjoy

DickBarton

Who? You keep saying he, but who he?

TimP
    Free Member

Seb Coe

surfer
    Free Member

If you dont know and you cant read it from the Video titles then maybe this thread is not for you Dick.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good stuff, may pick up a copy. Sebs racing and his rivalry with Ovett one of the big memories from my childhood. Still preferred Ovett to Coe and is disappointing to see the mess he’s in now.

pictonroad

I didn’t know who you meant and I can’t see who it is either.

You invited me into the thread, now you’re throwing us out. I’m confused, reminds me of my teenage love life. 😉

nickc

That’s you told DickBarton, don’t ever question your sprinty overloads again…

😆

surfer
    Free Member

Picton, you are very welcome. Title edited 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

Still preferred Ovett to Coe and is disappointing to see the mess he’s in now.

Me too Blobby. What do you mean the mess he is in? He is living the quiet life in Queensland (although totally irrelevant and personal) I read a while ago he had met a new partner after his divorce. His Son is a pro cyclist as well with SEG racing.

slowoldman

The Ovett v Coe thing was a bit like Beatles or Stones, Oasis or Blur.

Very much an Ovett man myself, he just made running look so natural.

surfer
    Free Member

When Coe was asked what is the greatest race he has ever seen he pointed to Ovetts World cup 1500m win where he didnt so much as sprint but “exploded” at the 200 metre mark to make some of the worlds best (including Walker the WR holder at the time) look pretty average. Walker actually dropped out with 150 to go as he was so dispirited.

For your delectation

[video]https://youtu.be/0W7GogWlv7Q[/video]

bigyinn
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member

Who? You keep saying he, but who he?
    Ronnie Pickering?

martinhutch

Ronnie Pickering?

RIP Ron…

larrydavid
    Free Member

Does he talk about his experience of the London Jam Festival?

kimbers

Tbh, the effort to which he’s gone to deny/ignore/protect widespread doping and corruption in athletics, I’d just assumed its coz he’d been up to it himself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘If you only buy the Athletics Weekly once in your life….. (Seb Coe content)’ is closed to new replies.