Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • If you need proof of the presence of God….
  • Premier Icon tthew

Consider the hamster. Clearly some inspirational deity designed and protected them purely as a child’s pet. Evolution would have seen the slow, blind, deaf and smelly little buggers wiped out in minutes by the most inept carnivorous predictors. Caramel the loan 🐹

Premier Icon Poopscoop

I’ll see you’re hamster and raise it two degus.

Fatboy and Slim.

Rodents are meant to be intelligent. I can conclusively dismiss that theory.

They are however disarmingly cute and have won me over. They were my lads but he moved to a flat and couldn’t take them.
    I’ve told him he will have a custody battle on his hands to get them back now!

Premier Icon kelvin

There are still wild hamsters.
    So you are wrong.

Premier Icon antigee

wiki’ says hamsters weren’t bred in captivity until 1939 which would seem to suggest they got on ok for a while without human intervention

Premier Icon Poopscoop

I think you all might be taking the op’s post a bit too seriously?

Premier Icon antigee

Poopscoop
    I think you all might be taking the op’s post a bit too seriously?

life or death / extinction / message from God….who’s laughing?

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

That same god must be protecting pheasants and not letting them all walk carelessly around in the road or fly across in front of cars as they drive along.

Premier Icon Scapegoat

Actually the truth about hamsters is that they were put on Earth solely to teach young children about bereavement. I’ve tried and tried, but I can’t think of a single other useful purpose.

Premier Icon epicyclo

I think the OP is right. Even large carnivores think they’re cute.

Premier Icon joshvegas
    Free Member

OP clearly not been bitten by a hamster.

Evil bastards.

RIP

Pansy
    Stan
    Bubble then squeek

An an honourable mention to brat the gerbil.

Premier Icon Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Not a real hamster!

Premier Icon Pik n Mix

Epicyclo Xena is beautiful, what breed?

they were put on Earth solely to teach young children about bereavement.

Very much this! My nieces are still traumatised about the recent demise of Nibbles.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

My brother had a hamster that was basically evil personified. He ended up setting it free in a local park. Only god knows what terror it wrought on the wildlife. That thing was vicious.

Premier Icon Drac

I think the OP is right. Even large carnivores think they’re cute.

Your carnivore is broken.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

If you need proof of the non-existence of God, consider the testicle. Intelligent design? Yeah, ok…

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

If you need proof of the non-existence of God, consider the testicle. Intelligent design? Yeah, ok…

Ah but they are actually pretty cool Design wise I’m not sure how else you’d meet the requirements they satisfy.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

I was happy with pics of Deity proving cute furry animals, let’s not go that route with the testicles please 🙈

Premier Icon kelvin

pretty cool

A round of applause is deserved.

Premier Icon tjagain

What about the giant panda? Such a stupid evolutionary dead end. Lives on such rubbish food that it has to eat constantly and has no sex drive!

Premier Icon tjagain

and as for the platypus? I think god was drunk that day

Premier Icon Northwind

Frankly just look at humans. Take a perfectly good monkey, perfectly evolved for its environment over millions of years, and give it just enough brain to set fire to the tree and not quite enough brain to go “but wait, that’s where I live”

Premier Icon ctk

Childbirth is the type of thing god would come up with but evolution surely not.

Premier Icon vongassit
    Free Member

Premier Icon kennyp

The existence of the band Rush is proof God exists. The chances of the planet’s three finest musicians ending up in the same band is so incredibly small it must have taken divine intervention.

Premier Icon crikey
    Free Member

I’ve been trying all day to think of an acceptable-to-STW female lovely person to represent the God thing, but was then tripped up by the need to be inclusive, then further fouled by the whole non-binary thing, and had to take dietary preferences into account, then any differently abled needs and that led on to assumptions regarding ethnicity and cultural norms, so I decided that chips are the best.

Premier Icon CountZero

That same god must be protecting pheasants and not letting them all walk carelessly around in the road or fly across in front of cars as they drive along.

No, I really think that proves the opposite. Pheasants are a very clear example of Darwinism being subverted by human interference – creatures bred purely to be shot at, not to be smart enough to fly in the opposite direction!

Premier Icon Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’ve been trying all day to think of an acceptable-to-STW female lovely person to represent the God thing, but was then tripped up by the need to be inclusive, then further fouled by the whole non-binary thing, and had to take dietary preferences into account, then any differently abled needs and that led on to assumptions regarding ethnicity and cultural norms, so I decided that chips are the best.

Old men’s sausage party over at Geri Halliwell/mental, dirty, ginger birds thread. Go for it! Faux PC is so 2005

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.