Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • If you liked the James Lavelle SoundCloud mix ….
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

Try this Hybrid – Black Treacle

Its supposed to be a summer mix but its helping me cope with the loss of summer evening rides on my local trails. Bit rougher round the edges than Lavelle, but in a good way.

jameso

Ta..
    70s-80s funk soul mix – Found this the other day on souncloud, not my usual or the same style as ^ but a good mix.
    And always some good stuff on Silk Royal / Ad Brown’s page

jameso

James Lavelle
    This one? Quality.

yunki
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs5jbHHd59E[/video]

athgray
    Free Member

Good music all round, particularly Calyx and Teebee. Check out Fanu for some good downbeat drum and
    bass
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z0qlLlsEyFM#[/video]
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koKBKvccYDw#[/video]

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Nice work gents. You keep on coming up with some superb finds. More linkys please.

somafunk

Rebecca Vasmant @ EM-IT Wickerman 2013 closing our tent on sat night/sun morning

Elite Force aka Shack at Burning Man 2013, one of our regular DJ’s and a blinding set by him at this years Burning Man festival in Nevada, one of these years i’ll get my finger out and head over with the crew, dunno how i’d feel about living with a sandy chuff for 5 days though?, i’ve got shacks set from this year’s Wickerman festival but some of the tracks are not yet released so you’ll have to keep an eye on his soundcould page if you want it.

Mike Hulme Live @ EM-IT Wickerman 2011, Mike is a blinding DJ and genuinely top bloke along wi the lovely magda (gf), this set is stunning, well worth a download/listen.

Meat Katie aka Mark Pember is a sweetie despite his rather unnerving stare, one of our frequent flyers up here and if you get the chance ask him about his desire to own a farm, dunno if i’d trust him with animals though?.

Mark looking very delicate after last years festival where he over indulged during his previous nights set and forgot to sleep 😉 , my bro is trying to cajole him into drinking the hogarden and whisky chaser as there was still 24hrs of festival before it finished.

Silicone Soul, just wouldn’t be music without craig n’ james ripping the tits out of it

The Revenge aka graeme clark and his tribute to 25yrs of the best club in the world – the eponymous Sub Club

That’s enough for now i guess, enjoy 😀

martinxyz
    Free Member

Heh, I got a new (ish) car.. it had a crap stereo, I fitted my other one from another car last week and I had to look out old cd’s (had a cassette stereo with no cd player in the car for 12 years :O) so I found napster and limewire downloads galore and I’ve been listening to Meat Katie on one of them. Some of the stuff I can’t even remember.

Edit: I’ll pay for a Meat Katie download when I get around to it :::cough:: :O)

somafunk

Don’t worry martin, Meat can’t remember **** all from the past few years either 😀 , yet again this year he kicked the arse out of the friday night/sat morning scene and faded fast on saturday night, this was only taken at 2.30am on the sunday morning as Nadia and him tried to get a bit shut-eye in the back of the tent, not a chance!.

We had Dave Clark as our headline act this year, he certainly lives up to his reputation with regard to his Ego but he did draw a capacity crowd with hundreds of folk outside the tent trying to get in, do i think he was worth it?…..Hmmm i dunno?….. I preferred our headliner Darren Emmerson the previous year – he was a genuinely nice bloke, very relaxed and a good laugh.

Dave Clark this year

Dave Clark

My fav of our line up was Rebecca Vasmant who closed our tent at 2am to 3.30am on the sunday morning, she was f’ing good! and another genuinely nice/decent DJ.

I owe you one for letting me ride your Pace pride n’ joy back in 2008 so if you fancy a weekend of it next year give me a shout and i’ll get you on our guest list for a weekend ticket.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Ooof,thanks very much,Kenny! I’ll keep it in mind. After that ‘wee nick’ you got on your eyebrow from going over the bars it was the least I could do to make you feel a tiny bit less pish that day! 😀

I have heard of the Wickerman Festival over the years but having just scrolled through it all, this years list is about 4 times longer than I expected. Never knew it was that big!

somafunk

Ahh, that was but a scratch….i stuck a lollipop in the hole and i was good to go for another day 😀

The festival started off small 10 odd years ago wi 1500 folk but last year it sold out for the first time wi 18.000, we’ve been doing it since the start as it’s only 5 miles from our town, our dance tent is (obviously 8) ) pretty much full to capacity and the only “scene” to hang out in, Utah Saints, Darren Emmerson. Dave Clarke, Elite Force, Loops of Fury, Dylan Rhymes, Lee Coombs, Annie Nightingale, Plump DJ’s, Krafty Kutz, Luis Osbourne (yeah – ozzy’s son – surprisingly good)….just some of the folk we’ve had play for us so if you and yer missus fancy a weekend down south next year then get in touch a few months beforehand and i’ll sort out a couple o’ tickets for you.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cheers Nonsense, downloading that now.

My favourite from soundcloud this week so far has been Audioglider Mixtape Vol 12

Mister-P
    Free Member

Somafunk which festival is this? It looks like it should be on my hitlist for 2014.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Wow, the area must be a mare during it! There’s four in that tent I’d consider going for just to see them. Compared to RockNess up here, where there’s rarely one act I’d like to see. I don’t think there was any I fancied seeing last year at RockNess.

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s a really splendid new mix:
    https://soundcloud.com/finestego/finest-ego-monthly-mix-031

Not for everyone, quite mellow and instrumental, but if you like Four Tet, Joy Orbison, Mount Kimbie that sorta thing (and don’t need oldies in yer mixes)…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

The Reflex
    a short one..
    https://soundcloud.com/thereflex/cody-chesnutt-look-good-inn

Greg Wilson
    a long one

bikebouy
    Free Member

bookmarked for laters..

ta.

scruff
    Free Member

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cheers Somafunk, I will run that one past my usual festival crew. We did Boomtown this year which was pretty mental.

Did you go to Elite Force’s little shindig last weekend? My ex-girlfriend had great delight in telling me she went. I knew I should have held on to her…

somafunk

If that was his private party out on his farm then nah….it’s a 7hr drive from up here in Galloway and work commitments/taking into consideration with my sanity and mental health 😉 i decided it was a bad idea, His boat parties run on the Thames in July are well worth going to though 😀 .

nedrapier

cheers for all these everyone! Favourited.

Here’s a extended version of a Superchunk that Strictly Kev/DJFood did for Eddy Temple-Morris on Xfm. Had it on minidisc, probably still do, but the player’s long gone!

https://soundcloud.com/artpractical/dj-food-raiding-the-20th

Pour yourelf a drink, turn off the lights and properly listen. It’s like an aural/musical essay or documentary about the history of cut-up.

An hour well spent!

somafunk

Here’s shacks set from his party last weekend, shame i missed it, but i did venture out to see and support Rebecca playing so it wasn’t a total waste of a weekend 😉

Elite Force forcefields 5 hr set from private party on his farm.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘If you liked the James Lavelle SoundCloud mix ….’ is closed to new replies.