If you like Dr Who and Orbital and you were at Glastonbury then you'll…

Home Forum Chat Forum If you like Dr Who and Orbital and you were at Glastonbury then you'll…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • If you like Dr Who and Orbital and you were at Glastonbury then you'll…
  • …love this

My two boys aged 4 and 6(dr. who fanatics) love it, between the three of us though I think we all love it for completely different reasons !(but I cant tell them why I love it !) ( the misses totally doesn’t get it !)

enjoy

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

yep was there and Im a big Dr Who fan!

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

They did it at the big chill too. Was good.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Its alright…. there are better Dr Who? covers though

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKO5pfCCSP8[/video]

I was there back in the day, when it was still cool and not too commercial n that 🙄

No, I was, really, must’ve been 1998ish I reckon… there was a mad light ship like a galleon by some travelling French arty types winding it’s way gracefully through the crowd.

It was trippy dude.

Premier Icon somafunk
    Subscriber

Yep…i was there, the sound engineers who do our dance tent at the wickerman festival also do certain stages at Glastonbury and invited us down wi tickets etc…..i must admit i got rather excited and went a bit ravey-davy when Orbital played and i fell off the back stage area and sconned my head off a scaffolding pole and missed the last 20 mins of their set as i had to get patched up – doh!…….. Still got the sound engineers wav recording of their set though 😀

somafunk = classic !

bencooper

They played that at their last ever, definitely this time, we’re serious, definitely quitting, last performance at T in the Park in ’99 (ish) 😉

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

Quality. I think they have their own recording of this on loopz. Last orbital gig I was at made me deaf for three days. Very very loud but awesome. My boy refused to take a bottle from me unless he was watching them play ‘where is it going’ live at Manchester.

Premier Icon hot_fiat
    Subscriber

Found it: [video]http://youtu.be/NVhXyjEjmnA[/video]

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

I saw Orbital at the Octagon in Sheffield, back in 1996. Well, I was there, but tbh I was a bit chemically enhanced so I don’t remember it being like a gig, more like something crazy going on in my head. Was awesome…

st

Ace, it’s (unsurprisingly) on the Live at Glastonbury compilation. Would have been mental to be there.

Freester

Was there that year but didn’t see them. Saw them in 2002 at Glasto.

Saw them last year at Bournemouth Academy (Wonky Tour) and still awesome. The set has been completely modernised. A fair few old campaigners there with their teenage children who didn’t look that impressed at being at a gig with their parents. They soon came round tho when the bass got going.

Orbital by Freester, on Flickr

Premier Icon phil40
    Subscriber

The best dr who moment for me was watching pink Floyd at earls court. I think it is during run like hell but there was a section that was the dr who theme, and there was also a blinding laser show………….I think I may have been under the influence at this point however!

As hunter s Thompson would have described it, a heroic amount of substances were consumed in that concert!

Premier Icon Del
    Subscriber

Hey! I was at that ’98 glasto too! got spannered at the chemical bros immediately beforehand, completely lost all sense of direction, and had to keep asking people the way to the orbital gig! turned me on to orbital big-time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘If you like Dr Who and Orbital and you were at Glastonbury then you'll…’ is closed to new replies.