Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • If you had to choose one album to play on a loop for a working day…
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Which one would it be?

I think I’d go for The Boatman’s Call by Nick Cave ATBS.

ho ho. This just made me think of that episode of Father Ted where they only
    had one record at the disco: Ghost Town by The Specials. That was funny.

swavis

Leftism – Leftfield… or maybe Guns n’ R Use YYI 2

lunge

Paul Weller, Stanley Road.

fadda

Dark side of the moon…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Surely this, designed to be background noise and not intrude, Ambient for Airposts : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73PF7tpHFBY&ab_channel=MatiasAlejandroCabrera

thepurist

Geogaddi – BoC. (BTW isn’t it about time for a new release, it’s been 8 years now…)

p7eaven
    Free Member

Although last time I put in an all-nighter it was Angel Olsen’s ‘My Woman’, repeat x10. Now it feels like she’s my strange disembodied supervisor-cum-inspirer

baldiebenty
    Free Member

Either of
    Alter Bridge – Live at the Royal Albert Hall featuring the Parallax Orchestra
    or
    Thunder – All the Right noises

Both of which I have had on loop on various WFH days

I’m an aging rocker 😉

tomhoward

(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Miles Davis: In a silent way

bonni

Depends on what type of work, I suppose. If you are doing a lot of thinking and needing a bit of background then Brian Eno – New Space Music or Aphex Twin – Stone in Focus.

Not exactly something to bop around to though.

petec
    Free Member

Gang of Youths, MTV unplugged. Bit less rocky than their normal stuff (obv…)

or

MMJ – Okonokos

I know that’s two…

IHN

Dark side of the moon…

Please god no. I worked in a kitchen as a pot-washer where the chef played it on loop, I wanted to put myself in the industrial dishwasher just to get away from it.

I’m gonna go a bit left field with my suggestion though – Steve Earle, The Hard Way.

james-rennie

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, I’d choose Bowie’s Hunky Dory
    Friday I’m reaching for Springsteen’s “Live at the Main Point, 1975”

martinhutch

Miles Davis: In a silent way

My wife plays Miles Davis or Rachmaninov on loop when she’s trying to do brain work.

I’d probably go for this –

or Springsteen: Live at Hammersmith

chakaping
    Free Member

Well there are loads I could stand for a single day. It’d get more challenging if it were every day though.

Can we have compilations, I’ve got a great Trojan ska & reggae CD somewhere that I’d happily put on repeat.

jp-t853

Another David Bowie Hunk Dory here
    Maybe Supertramp Breakfast in America as backup, I hardly ever listen to it but I don’t think I could get mad with it.

richardkennerley

Somebody who has control over their music for the day should try it, listen to the same album for a solid 8 hours, see if you still like it by the end of the day!

DezB
    Free Member

Can I have this? Over 11 hours of ambient sounds. It might put me to sleep though. 😛
    https://motionsicknessoftimetravel.bandcamp.com/album/ballades

Coyote
    Free Member

Somebody who has control over their music for the day should try it, listen to the same album for a solid 8 hours, see if you still like it by the end of the day!

This. Possibly my favourite album of all time is “JuJu” by Siouxsie and the Banshees. Do I want to change that? No.

konagirl
    Free Member

For work, can’t have lyrics for me and better if it doesn’t have a discernible sound that I’ll fix on so better to have randomness in it. I listen to nature sounds (bird song etc) e.g. Destination Audio or Bush Therapy channels on YouTube or the live camera feeds from Explore.org. I can sometimes listen to Aphex Twin ambient or going down a rabbit hole of afrobeats stuff. Once I know the tunes it often distracts me so one album on repeat would be a nightmare.

tjagain

Lee Scratch Perry arkography – its a triple album of reggae history

johndoh
    Free Member

It would totally depend on my mood on the day but it would be one of the following:

Black Sabbath – Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden – Number of the Beast
    Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
    Simon and Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water
    Blur – Modern Life is Rubbish

Possibly.

binners

cogglepin

The Smurfs Go Pop.

iffoverload
    Free Member

anything on repeat would drive me nuts.

album

kelvin

I was going to be sensible and suggest something made for the job by Brian Eno… but loving some of these options more.

nickc

Most things on a constant loop would drive me nuts, so I’d either have something ambient, or Handel or Mozart

scud
    Free Member

The Man from Mo Wax

zinaru
    Free Member

This is a game I often play being home-based for the last 6 years.

I genuinely love playing albums that are really long (Roland Kayn, La Monte Young Eliane Radigue, Jean Claude Eloy and Jim O’Rourke pieces I have are all at least 4 hours long), proper adventures in sound that are great as ‘working music’ whilst doing creative stuff.

My favourite for all-day looping as I work is John Fahey’s ‎– Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier’s Choice).

IHN

Bit of a cheat, as it’s three CD’s:

anagallis_arvensis

Townes Van Zandt live at the old quarter or Coldcut Journeys by DJ. Depends on the work really

dyna-ti

The Rise and Fall of Bossanova.

You dont even have to loop it, it’s over 13 hours long.

Part 1 – 7hrs

Part 2 – 6h 20m

richardkennerley

@binners I love the roses, but we listen to absolute radio a lot at work (not my choice) and I’m sick of hearing roses tunes now.

loughor
    Free Member

As above would drive me mad but since it’s a serious question ..
    Mike Olfield Tubular Bells
    possibly

chakaping
    Free Member

The Rise and Fall of Bossanova.

On a quick listen, this doesn’t sound much Jobim or Gilberto, so I think I’ll pass.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

whatever my GP pipes down the phone whilst in a queue, currently… 40 mins deep at the mo 😒

Cletus

What the OP said.

And then on the next day To Bring You My Love by PJ

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Rumours is my favourite album, but to listen to it ~10 times on a loop would quite possibly drive me nuts.

reluctantjumper

We had to make these choices when I worked in Halfords back around the turn of the millennium as we had to have the car audio playing and we were in a radio deadspot! We would always take it in turns, sometimes just for a morning or afternoon. You’d think we had won the lottery when a 10 disc CD changer was installed 🤣

My choice back then was usually Foo Fighters – The Colour And The Shape as it had a flow to it. Now I’d probably go for a Dream Theatre or Porcupine Tree album for the same reason, they are more than just songs but tell a story.

If I had to choose now it would be Porcupine Tree’s Fear of a blank Planet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘If you had to choose one album to play on a loop for a working day…’ is closed to new replies.