Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • If you had the talent………..
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Would you be a professional mtber or another sport entirely? Me I would of been either a supercross racer or a nascar driver

scaredypants

footy – it’s a genuinely beautiful game when it’s done right

wrightyson
    Free Member

100m sprinter. Was quick in my early years which got me in to many other sports. Always wanted to be Carl Lewis.

wrecker
    Free Member

I can’t even ride a motorbike, but I’d choose motoGP. Must be an awesome feeling, going that fast without a cage.

vickypea
    Free Member

Gymnastics or MTB

scaredypants

oh, or skiing. Same reason as above

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Rock star…. Wait . Snowboarder

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well if we’re going away from sport then he’ll yeah, **** running around and shit, I’d of been a lead singer all day long given the choice!!!

nickc

One of the popular ones; footy or tennis, just for the money

andyl
    Free Member

Surfer paid to live out in California. Who needs money when you are surrounded by surf chicks?

Or F1…just a year at Lewis Hamiltons pay would do. Then I’ll go be a pro surfer

TheDTs
    Free Member

Skier, travel the worlds mountainous regions, exploring, 1st descents, endless powder (in my dreams, anyway)
    Reality, lots of waiting for the weather to clear..

bikebouy
    Free Member

A Pheasant Pluckers mate.

Stoner
    Free Member

Second row.

When I was young, I weighed less than a fairy fart. Now I have some meat on tall bones I would love to be a young me playing rugby.

As it was I played hockey goalie to a fairly high level.

fongsaiyuk
    Free Member

skateboarder -closely followed by big wave surfer

if only eh

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Middle Linebacker

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If my eyesight had been better (although I could get into the RAF as a pilot now, just a year too old) and if I were born a yank…a fast jet carrier pilot…fly F-18’s and then do a stint as an astronaut in my mid 40’s.

Couldn’t ask for more than that, would take that over a 250k job in the city.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEDfLyKLCS8[/video]

You could go to a dinner party and Marc Zuckerberg might be boasting and hitting on your wife, and all you’d have to say is “Yeah well, I’m a **** fighter pilot”….and nothing that he could ever say or do would rid him of that feeling that he is less of a man than you. 😆

Oh and you could sing this song….with legitimacy

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBNVrfNvFHk[/video]

somafunk

Motocross/supercross rider, I had the talent and factory support (big headed boast) but a car crash with a dyke and tree thanks to another **** driver put paid to that career path .

fd3chris
    Free Member

So far only one person says mtb and that’s not their only choice. That’s interesting on an Mtb forum.

rickmeister

Helicopter winch man please…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Why the hell would you want to be the winchman as opposed to the pilot?

Oddball.

You know that statistically, it’s pilots that get the most tail on tinder right? 😀

peteimpreza

I was a good hockey player back in the day and would have loved to do that professionally .

@Stoner , which club ?

Kuco

NFL safety

darrell
    Free Member

rhythm guitarist and singer in a punk band

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Having watched that “Dogs of War” video – Thunderbolt pilot, yea.

Stoner
    Free Member

Pete – West Hampstead Hockey Club. Played in MBBO then Prem 2 South.
    I was a pretty good keeper even if I do say so myself, but after over a decade of playing to a pretty high level I lost the hunger, and it was taking me more than 7 days to recover from each saturday, so I passed the baton to a younger player, did my Level 2 with the whistle and became a full time umpire for my last few years at the club.

There’s not a lot of hockey out here in the boondocks, so Im working up through my Rugby reff’ing qualifications now.

And your history, Pete?

chewkw
    Free Member

Boxing … ya, loads of money!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It is genuinely completely beyond me as to why anyone would want to be anything other than a chain smoking, whiskey drinking, big watch wearing fast jet pilot….. 😀

Ya’ll got issues….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Astronaut, but that’s actually hard and shit. So, profession cricketer, if you can walk and not piss yourself for an hour or so you’re in with a chance.

peteimpreza

Thought we may have met on the pitch Stoner given your Worcestershire location .

Started as a school boy and then Worcester HC .

Moved further South West to finish my playing at Bath Buccaneers .

Played sweeper at the end and for last three seasons my tem (not 1st XI) got promotion each year . I think we conceded less than ten goals .

Like you , the recovery after each game was getting silly .

Rubber_Buccaneer

I wish I’d been born to money and did what the **** I want

Stoner
    Free Member

the recovery after each game was getting silly .

and they say Rugby is hard.

Jumping about on carpeted concrete playing “watch this!” with half a pound of 90mph plastic. Yeah, that’s not going to hurt much.

ads678

Rugby union no 7, or pro snowboarder for me. Both hurt too much though!!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Astronaut, but that’s actually hard and shit. So, profession cricketer, if you can walk and not piss yourself for an hour or so you’re in with a chance.

Yes but imagine all the life stories, boasts and achievements of upper middle class arseholes, that you could utterly decimate at stuffy dinner parties.

ferrals
    Free Member

If sport, either xc pro or cyclocross pro, more likely a cx pro as you can be top in the world and not travel that much outside of Northern Europe.

Much as I love surfing, being a pro living out of a suitcase and spending half your life in international airspace would be a real ball ache.

Outside of sport, a real classic one hit wonder would be perfect, maybe a one hit wonder that was a great Christmas number one so the royalties flood in every year and you can mess around doing what you want

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Definitely pro surfer.

ekul
    Free Member

Pro rugby player for me. Always wonder what could have been if I’d actually turned up for trials, especially as I now know a number of pros who were nothing special at schoolboy level. One of them is a current England international (tbf he was awesome at school) and the others are on the fringes of England/ solid premiership players.
    Thems the breaks I guess.

I’m actually gonna agree with TomW as well. Fighter pilot has got to be the best answer to “so what line of work are you into then?”.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Rode motorcycle trials for 15 years or so but I’d loved to have been good!
    Decent trials riders are the magicians of the motorcycle world.

Played some recreational ice hockey too but top (NHL) players are just amazing, Their skill levels are sometimes beyond belief.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Stoner, small world. Had to stop rugby at 12, too small not brave enough ! played hockey to a decent level with/against a few Olympians and at Uni (UAU Champions). Clubs Winchester and Guildford

Skiing is my love so that would be the dream, stand on the podium and hear the National Anthem at an Olympics (pretty unlikely as a Brit !)

Stoner
    Free Member

at my age now, I’ve just taken up Archery (Recurve).

Over 20 yrs ago I got national caps for Full-bore long range target shooting, and there’s part of me wondering whether I could put in the work needed now over the next 3yrs say to be in with a shout at the nationals. I’d have to set the bar low, as there’s not a cat in hells chance of beating the koreans 🙂

hairyscary

I’m with Tom_W1987.

Fast Jet Pilot.

Why would you want to be anything else?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘If you had the talent………..’ is closed to new replies.