Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • If you had some money now…
  • will
    Free Member

…Just what would you do with it? Say £5000. I mean savings accounts are not looking attractive. I don’t mean waste it either 🙄

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

same as I always do, spend it, hoarding is selfish 🙁

crazy-legs
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hookers and booze

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

ltd edition rolex?

ourmaninthenorth

Sabbatical and cheap travel abroad.

Might lose me my job, but **** it, it’s sh*te anyway….

scaredypants

pre-inflationary XTR chainsets – you’ll be fighting stw-ers off with a shitty stick before long

oldfart

Premium Bonds.

schroedingers-cat
    Free Member

As the captain suggests……….spend it while it’s still worth something.

Stoner
    Free Member

a wood.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Buy a low mileage VW Corrado VR6…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lots of tickets to the Big Bike Bash – I can probably wangle you a bulk buy discount

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/tickets.php

crispybacon
    Free Member

Knock 5K off the mortgage before Mrs B got her hands on it & spent it on handbags or something….

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

pork bellies

Stoner
    Free Member

hmmmm, I have a great recipe for pork belly casserole cooked for half a day in apple, potato and dry cider….recession busting food, yummy 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

1. Pay off any debts which are at higher interest rates than you could get by putting it in a savings account.
    2. Buy anything that you actually need but were putting off buying.
    3. Put it in a savings account (tax free if possible). You can still do better than inflation, NS&I do an inflation+ bond if you can tie it up for a year.

GrahamS

Cash ISA ?

Q
    Free Member

Bank shares. RBS, LLoyds and Barclays.

psychle
    Free Member

should’ve bought Barclays shares last week… I was going to but couldn’t commit, wish I bl00dy had, would’ve made a killing! 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’d get a great big turnip in the country.

trailmonkey

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Hookers and booze

For once, I agree with the Cap’n. I’d probably just waste anything left over.

falkirk-mark

I am trying sharetrading I have made some cash (but then you could lose cash) I always stick to blue chip companies

mrmo
    Free Member

i’ll let you know in the new year….

Ed2001
    Free Member

oldfarts premium bonds advice is a good choice imo,

grizzlygus
    Free Member

LOL @ “pork bellies” !

lammy
    Free Member

Shares – Banks got to be worth a punt at the mo. Prices of RBS prob wont get much lower (0.21 ish at the mo) hopefully anyway……

Also oil may be worth a shout. Ive just bought some dirt cheap shares in an oil exploration company. If barrels of oil rise again, I could be quids in, even if the shares only reach 50p.

I’ve only spent what I can afford to lose though!

uplink
    Free Member
    TheGingerOne

Premium Bonds are not great at the mo either as the rate of return is not very good at the mo (Each month’s prize fund is equal to one month’s interest on the total value of all eligible bonds. The interest rate used to calculate the prize fund, the number of jackpots, the share of prize fund allocated to each prize band and the odds of winning are all variable, so they may change from time to time.)

Best I would say is to pay off any debts – highest interest rate first. If anything leftover either overpay mortgage or put in ISA – cash short-term, stocks long term.

alpin
    Free Member

shares in housing companies, assuming the housing company doesn’t go under.

that or a big plot of land in the hills near to a train station and build a bike park for the kids.

cookeaa

Savings, once we get to the bottom of this house price slump I want to be ready to buy…

uponthedowns
    Free Member

The way the economy is going I’d spend it on canned goods and shotguns

avdave2

Well if you owe anything including a mortgage then the best returns are usually from paying off debt. Lets face it no one gives you as much for your money as they want to charge you for theirs. Dull I know. Otherwise go for the wood. A friends just bought 3 acres near Horsham for £20,000.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘If you had some money now…’ is closed to new replies.