Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • If you had £330…
  • flyingmonkeycorps

…To spend on something completely frivolous, bike related or otherwise, what would YOU spend it on?

(I’ve just got an unexpected £330. What’s actually going to happen is that it’s going into the house / car breakage fund, but a guy can dream right?)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

About that came from my folks at Christmas, just got a cast irom griddle pan, new wok and 2/3’s left so far…

john_drummer
    Free Member

I have the same problem with £160 that I don’t know what to do with. I put it in a savings account while I rack my brains…

tomhoward

Chris King rear hub.

seadog101

On the current list is:
    Coffee Machine
    Radio for the Kitchen
    New Helmet
    Waterproof socks
    Proper winter jacket

£330 won’t do all that though…

weeksy

Agent PRovocateur for the wife.

duntstick
    Free Member

Right now, Ortliebs, full set

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’d buy 540.41 US Dollars.

binners

Some more Agent Provocateur for Weeksy’s wife 😀

jekkyl

£330 would get you some nice accomodation and drinks out for you and a mate for a mtb trip of your choice, that’s what I would do. Wales or the lakes or that fine country north of the border.
    🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

There’s a big charcoal and chalk sketch which I love but can’t justify spending £200 on. So that for a start.

flyingmonkeycorps

Binners’ suggestion is winning so far 😉 Closely followed by Jekkyl, I do feel the need for a bit of an adventure soon.

I also very much approve of Lemonysam’s idea.

beefheart
    Free Member

A pet monkey and some bananas.

binners

Coke and hookers?

DezB
    Free Member

Right now, Ortliebs, full set

Now there’s a wild and crazy guy, right there! 😉

JEngledow
    Free Member

Coke and hookers?

….or a can of Pepsi & a copy of Big Jugs Weekly and you’ll still have about £326 left!

I_Ache
    Free Member

For the £330 I would buy either some new wheels for the Enduro or a Roadrat frame.

kayak23

Got a Reverb? One of them.
    Decent set of bike tools?
    Get your handlebars gold-plated?

duntstick
    Free Member

Yeah, normally the usual coke and hookers but I’m getting old obviously 🙂

edward2000
    Free Member

A go pro and a turbo trainer!

flyingmonkeycorps

I had enough coke and hookers over christmas!

Got a Reverb, wheels are newish, just replaced the drivetrain and serviced forks on my bike and my handlebars are pink, so gold would really not add much 😉

I did think about a new frame, but I love the Hemlock, the Inbred does its job nicely (though a Soul IS tempting) and the roadie is so old and battered I’d be better off buying a new bike than a frame.

My riding is FAR too boring to warrant a GoPro and I suspect I’d never use a turbo. Plus I have nowhere to put it except in the garden, and if I have to go outside I might as well just ride a bike.

tomhoward

A go pro and a turbo trainer!

Worst. Riding Video. Ever.

Jamie
    Free Member

PS4.

flyingmonkeycorps

I thought about a PS4. But really, I’d need a HD tellybox as well (currently still using an old CRT) which makes it a bit more expensive. Plus y’know, I’d need new audio as well…

weeksy

You could buy me a Reverb then… waste the rest on AP stuff for Mrs Weeksy.

flyingmonkeycorps

So looking at TVs… Do I need a smart one? It sounds like all the clever things they do I can already do through my 360…

PiknMix
    Free Member

Black grape Bfe frame.

toppers3933
    Free Member

A 5 string banjo. Can’t play one but would love to learn.

Jamie
    Free Member

So looking at TVs… Do I need a smart one? It sounds like all the clever things they do I can already do through my 360…

If you have an Xbox, then probably not. Although it does save having to boot up the Xbox.

£250 will get you a bog standard 32″ Samsung.

ontor
    Free Member

second-hand pompino or other fixed cx.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whilst you are thinking about what to buy, why not buy “The Song Remains the Same” by Led Zep, listen and turn it up load 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Hmm. Jamie’s TV suggestion is winning so far.

If I was going to buy another bike it’d be a BMX or a roadie… No point me buying a musical instrument. I’ve tried and failed to be musical.

brakes
    Free Member

I got £250 as an award from work. It’s in vouchers though which can only be exchanged at certain retailers so I have to spend it unwisely rather than buy nappies.

I intend to buy lots of small things from Amazon – pedals, tyres, new shoes, etc.

z1ppy

a pair of lightbicycle carbon rims if I had the money free and clear (not totally sure of the price TBH) & didn’t have a million useful ‘thing’s I need’ already on my list.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bose Soundlink Mini to fill your mancave with tunes whilst fettling / avoiding people.

Plenty of change left for other stuff too

Jamie
    Free Member

If you did want to upgrade your soundz, I would recommend these for £45. Just got a set for the laptop, and very impressed for the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microlabs-FC330-Model-System-Speaker/dp/B0040N3BQ

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m good for sounds really. Got a nice old stereo and headphones for real music upstairs, and a cheap but cheerful Logitech surround sound on the tellybox.

yossarian
    Free Member

A dinner gong

emsz
    Free Member

Driving lessons

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘If you had £330…’ is closed to new replies.