Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • If you get a +ve PCR result… 🙄
  • tthew

Do you need to do anything about track and trace?

My missis has one this morning. Obviously she’ll do the sensible thing and tell anyone she has been in close contact with over the last few days, but there’s no instructions to do anything proactive on the info that comes with the result.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

My take on it was that since Dido “SQL injection attack” Harding was heading it up, it was perfectly acceptable not to involve them at all.

spooky_b329

I think they’ll be in contact. My in-laws had separate calls for each positive family member over 2-3 days.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pandemic is over.. just use common sense now… We’ve got covid done.

jeffl

When I received a positive PCR they contacted me directly. This was over 15 months ago though.

slowol

They sent us an email, although it was only a lateral flow result that was negative of PCR. Seemed pretty half hearted but the government says we’re all imagining people getting I’ll and dying of COVID, it’s just hospital bosses being awkward politically motivated laggards.

In short they contract you but don’t expect a lot. Better letting people know yourself for their sake.

bentandbroken

In November T&T emailed me, sent a text, phoned my home phone and my landline at least twice a day for about 4 days.

Even when I did my best to answer the questions (I was feeling pretty rough and a bit ‘dazed’) they carried on texting me almost every day to remind me of what I needed to do.

uniqueusername

When I tested +ve in Dec the results mail directed me to filling in track and trace info. When I ran into a dead end not being able to give a post code for a foreign address I abandoned it. A few hours later they called to complete the info, they have a dummy post code they can put in.
    They also texted most days to remind me to stay at home.

nixie

For shits and giggles ask them if they are GDPR compliant and for their data usage and retention policy. Apparently a good way to get them to hang up.

When I had a + result it’s was an online form for me but phone call for daughter. It was a complete farce though. Has your daughter had close contacts? Yes she has been to school. Can I have the names and contact details for all her class? Err no (school had already been informed). Complete waste of time.

Drac

They’ll be in touch with her soon enough, but yes inform those you know of.

jimdubleyou

I did it all via the online form in November. Had a few texts telling me not to go out, but nobody called.

Kryton57

Mrs K got a call 2 weeks ago and got told someone in our house needs to isolate plus there were 4 contacts she needed to inform. When she asked whom, they said they couldn’t reveal details due to GDPR…

tthew

Thanks all, we’ll just sit tight then and wait for some kind of contact.

BigJohn

I logged on to track and trace this morning. It told me my parcel had been delivered.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘If you get a +ve PCR result… 🙄’ is closed to new replies.