Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • If you enjoy the occasional BMX video….
  • sharkattack

…then you might as well watch this instant classic.

This isn’t just a series of tricks with a banger at the end. This is banger after banger after banger. All high speed, high accuracy, high consequence, full commitment, flaming street roasters. All on a tiny bike with no brakes and no pads, although the helmet police will be pleased that a flimsy pisspot can be seen in some clips.

If you have ever tried to do anything on a BMX, some of this stuff will make your danglers retract in fear. It really is pretty alarming.

There’s also this one from a couple of years ago where it became obvious he was playing on another level.

racefaceec90

bloody ell 😮

goby

Yep insane skills and commitment for any of that type of riding! Great Stuff!
    I do love the simplicity of the good old bmx.

oikeith

Dennis is an animal!

I do feel like the music for each wasn’t the best, but I think it might be a sign of the times as most parts dont have good music IMO, more a beat with no lyrics, I assume its a copy right/royalties thing?

Being a mid school BMXer I remember when parts used to come out with actual music, parts like Van Homan in Criminal Mischief, Ruben in Forward and Mulville in Anthem are great parts with excellent songs, songs which you’d then buy or download and could listen to and remember those parts, but I wouldn’t download either of those songs and listen to the again!

Houns

But at least it’s not god awful metal/rock

letmetalktomark

6:38 of general clenching in that first video.

BMXers at this level are made of different stuff.

ocrider

Magnetic coping and moon gravity cheat codes are clearly being used.

hatter

The forces that must be going through thier ankles and knees when they land, jeeeeeeeebus.

Street BMX’s are properly, properly stiff as well, zero flex, none, every joule of impact energy is going straight into the rider.

nealglover
    Free Member

Great stuff.

One question though, why do they all seem to ride with their hands half on the grips and half on the drop of the bars ?
    It kind of looks like they need narrower bars so they can use the full grip.

finbar
    Free Member

Bookmarked to watch later.

eddie11
    Free Member

I do like a good BMX video.

I was thinking technically impressive, no heart and then 5:25 😍

reformedfatty
    Free Member

I think the person speaking at the end of the second vid summed it up.. absolute animal.

I hope there was a bit more care taken to prevent bike + rider potentially flying off into the middle of flowing traffic / members of the public than it appeared in some of those clips though! One thing putting yourself at risk, quite another putting random passerbys at risk.

DezB
    Free Member

at least it’s not god awful metal/rock

Damn right, best film soundtracks are the ones you don’t notice and I swear I had to rewatch that to see if there was any music! Only sound I remembered was the ‘BYONG’ as he hit the end of the railings. Superb.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

why do they all seem to ride with their hands half on the grips and half on the drop of the bars ?

I’ve often wondered this, too.

nickewen
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing. Thoroughly enjoyed both of those videos.

Absolutely insane the scale of the tricks on a rigid bicycle! As above, the full impact going through their bodies is mad. I often feel like I’ve been through the mill on my 170mm Capra.. I need to toughen up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘If you enjoy the occasional BMX video….’ is closed to new replies.