Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • If you could hop in a DeLorean and get it up to 88mph
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What would you tell your younger self about bikes?

I'd say embrace the bouncy bikes sooner, no need to be a luddite so long!

RepacK
    Free Member

To lay off the pot & get your arse out on your bike!

sharki
    Free Member

Step away form the road, lycra, women and beer and hit the trails..

I'd of met more nurses sooner and no doubt of be even more of a spaz than i am now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IvanDobski
    Free Member

Don't sell the klein!

Don't buy the stumpy comp…

Buy the Rock Lobster in a 19in not 17in…

Motorola "stars and stripes" team issue lycra one-pieces looked stupid even in the early 90s…

If you can't ride 20m of 4in wide northshore when it's 6in off the ground you won't be able to do it when it's 1m off the ground…

avdave2

I'd tell myself the great news that in 23 years you'll still be doing it and it will be just as good as it ever was. I'd also have to break the bad news that I wasn't going to get any better at it in that time.

grumm
    Free Member

Amen, brother!

singlespeedstu

That going on a bike forum is a waste of valuable riding time.

jonk
    Free Member

I'd go back to aire valley cycles and say dont buy that zaskar buy the rts back in '92 lol oh and lottery numbers are ……

AndyP
    Free Member

I'd tell myself not to take a valuable bike to Stif for servicing, but to learn how to do it myself. Less likely to result in a knackered bike.
    Also, I'd get accredited on the track sooner.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I'd invent the mountain bike. When I was a lad they didn't exist … nor did BMXs (over here at least) for that matter.

djglover
    Free Member

Sod the bikes, shag more women

bassspine
    Free Member

1977: don't swap your bicycle for that poxy vespa

CJWeekes
    Free Member

Tell myself to stop wasting my time setting up the perfect V-Brakes and just RIDE!

Dancake
    Free Member

Dont buy a SH frame and try and build up a nice bike. Dont tot up how much you have actually spent and realise you could have twice the bike for the money ready made

Dont be sad when you sell 6 months later for a 1/4 of that you spent.

Do buy the Meta though; its ace 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

+ another one for laying off the pot ect…

Also I would tell myself that a bike is more than a tool for going to work on.

And don't get taken in by bike mags.

Lay off the pies.

And finnish college instead of goin down the pub.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Ride more and stop chasing the women *
    * 'cos you never caught that many and will have more fun on the bike ….

samuri
    Free Member

I'd say 'stop chasing women and drink and start training like crazy because when you're over 40 and have realised you've missed the boat despite being fitter than you ever have been before, it'll be too late'

mrmo
    Free Member

buy a shed load of white porcs and store them carefully,

naokfreek
    Free Member

president butter!!

nickc

Stop wasting time with useless full sussers, you'll hate them all, get a nice hardtail, and ride it

naokfreek
    Free Member

Just noticed butter has nothing to do with bikes…still, you would though.

Oh and don't but ivory bottle cages.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

surely the only way to get a DeLorean up to 88mph is to drive it over a cliff ?

Kato

I'd say, "don't spend 2.5k of your hard earned on a Whyte Preston"

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

"Put off going to uni for a year or two and go ride round europe/asia/NZ/south america"

&

"stop being a slack student and go riding and climbing in all this spare time you have, in the future you will realise how precious it is"

jimster
    Free Member

Stop popping to the pub in the vain hope of pulling.
    Don't exchange the '95 Cinder Cone for a Pahoehoe under warranty – replace the snapped drop out and single speed it.

grumm
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and get back into mountain biking before living in Vancouver for 6 months aged 18 and not doing any 🙁

davidrussell
    Free Member

i'd campaign for the words pinned, stoked, rig, etc to be banned before the "yoof of freeride" could get hold of them

yossarian
    Free Member

don't sell your explosif

buy a dekerf elysium with disc mounts WHEN YOU GET ONE OFFERED TO YOU FOR SILLY MONEY you prat 😥

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

+ another … although I managed to do both, maybe it's because I didn't inhale 😉

But I'd tell myself: don't stick to that dead end job, put the rack on the bike, get ya gear packed and go to Mongolia/Tibet/South America/Cambodia/etc before it all changes.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

1) To stop being sniffy about "DHers" and try stuff like riser bars, big tyres etc a lot earlier. If I'd learnt the skills I have now 5 or 6 years earlier, I'd be a MUCH better rider now.

2)That there *are* hills south of London, and not to waste all that time driving up to the Peaks every weekend.

3)To go and be an MTB guide before I get caught up in the whole mortage/home owning thing.

Olly
    Free Member

ide go back to when i was 2 or 3, with a whole heap of modern trials bikes, so when i grew out of one, the next was lined up and ready.
    i wish i was a street urchin 🙁

ransos
    Free Member

Put all your savings into XT Sharkfins.

noteeth
    Free Member

Don't land on your front teeth. 😳

Stock up on XT Thumbies.

Ride your bike a whole lot more – specifically between 0ctober 1997 and March 1998. It will keep you out of trouble.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘If you could hop in a DeLorean and get it up to 88mph’ is closed to new replies.