Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • If you could have any job…
  • wwaswas

the next ben fogle

I thought that was some sort of Scottish Mountain?

chewkw
    Free Member

Dear Leader.

No training is needed because of the natural talent.

😆

bradley
    Free Member

Luckily i’m young and have my whole life ahead of me so I could sit and ponder about this if I wanted, but I already know.

I currently work for a printing firm running a 2 colour press, very boring and not very mentally taxing at all, but my retained fire brigade application is being processed this month and that’s where my life lays.

Once I get in and have served full time for 8 or 12 years, there will be 100 years unbroken service in our family. Great granddad , granddad, dad and myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Sancho
    Free Member

SAP implementation consultant

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Wanted: Idiot to prove things are “Bombproof”.

Me: Shall I test them for “Chris Proof”.

Manufacturer: Yes.

Result: Best job, no fear, free stuff, private hospital.

pete68
    Free Member

Wish I knew. 44 now and still don’t know what to do with myself.

tommytowtruck

I always quite fancied being a postman.
    I am a metallurgist, which is pretty interesting most of the time.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

already looked at fire service, no jobs going in avon and somerset 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

Would be 100% happy doing what i do now if it was 9-5, or at least with every weekend free and better evening shifts. I’m a tech op in a tv studio so there’s no chance of normal hours! Video editing for promos etc would be fun as well.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Molecatcher or stick whittler

yunki
    Free Member

My official title would be National Shaman, but I would perform a number of important duties and be revered throughout the entire universe..

tonyg2003

My father-in-law was a farrier. It’s a tough job. Hard on the back and knees but damn interesting. He used to make damn good money too.

Fortunately I kinda love what i do for a job.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Tree surgeon. Climbing trees and chain saws…..!

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i tried and tried to get trained as a farrier. love horses and girls in jodhpurs 😆
    almost impossible to get an apprenticeship in it though so i became a sonemason instead. get to knock around in the countryside fixing up lovely old buildings 🙂 struggling to fill my working week at the mo though and it gets worse as the winter kicks in 🙁

bigblackshed

Sancho – Member
    SAP implementation consultant

Why would you want to implement SAP on anyone? Do you hate other people?

bigblackshed

EDIT: Double post.

maccruiskeen

Air ambulance pilot – you get to do worthwhile job and fly a whirlybird – surely women would fall at your feet

If its while you’re on duty its becuase they’re terribly ill or critically injured – I’m not sure if that counts as “Wahay I’m in there!” 🙂

Kuco

Probably same job as now but i’d like less hours and a lot more money.

orangina
    Free Member

Raf helicopter winchman would be fine….

Failing that, cameraman on Babestation…

peteimpreza

Doffs cap to Bradley and his family

eyerideit
    Free Member

Air ambulance pilot – you get to do worthwhile job and fly a whirlybird – surely women would fall at your feet
    If its while you’re on duty its becuase they’re terribly ill or critically injured – I’m not sure if that counts as “Wahay I’m in there!”

😀

sparkyrhino

village idiot.

ojom
    Free Member

I fancied being Capt Awesome but Baumgartner pipped me to it.

In the meantime I am lucky enough to love my job an awful lot so it will do for me til I work out a way to go faster towards earth than him.

sambob
    Free Member

Forestry appeals to me, as does renewable stuff. As for a job just for fun and not considering the money, I’d love to be a ski guide somewhere, or a mtb guide in California or Southern Spain.

bwaarp
    Free Member

only caveats, no lengthy/expensive training required. i.e no airline pilots/astronaughts etc, has to be uk based too.

so, jobs like working for an events company or a bike distributor etc

So that discounts doctors, PHD scientists etc etc then?

On a serious note I’d quite like to be a Medicines Sans Frontiers Biomedical Scientist.

stewartc
    Free Member

I like to try being the guy who drives the gold carts around airports with that beeping noise, looks fun.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Demolitions expert/explosives engineer.

getting paid to blow shit up. booom.

seriously.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

My ideal job would be pestering dull people who don’t want to speak to you about where they are up to with things, then typing it all into a spreadsheet and sending to other people who won’t look at it, interspersed with sitting in meetings of no interest or relevance. Half the projects would be shelved after 6-12 months and those that weren’t, you would never actually see any results.

Sort of like a [waste of time] squared, but getting paid for it.

8)

cheez0
    Free Member

bra fitter

not gross/stinky/rough birds tho.

need to build up my experience.. any takers? (see exceptions!)
    🙂

thepurist

I always wanted to be.. a lumberjack! Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia…

cheez0
    Free Member

someones going to be along with a youtube for you in minute, purist!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hmm, demolitions sounds good… but i bet there’s a lot less blowing up than you’d expect!

wrecker
    Free Member

The people who you work with are as important as the job. A friend of mine got a job on Necker Island. Loads of money, Loads to do etc but he GM was huge cockpiece so he left.
    Makes me think that working alone is the best way. Forestry Ranger for me; battered old landy, me and the dog.
    Unfortunately I am caught in the trappings of earning a decent living. Making that step down in money would be too painful.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘If you could have any job…’ is closed to new replies.