Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • If you could have any job…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

what would it be?

only caveats, no lengthy/expensive training required. i.e no airline pilots/astronaughts etc, has to be uk based too.

so, jobs like working for an events company or a bike distributor etc

not that i’m looking for inspiration or anything, oh no… 🙄 😉

wwaswas

dry stone walling has always appealed.

maccruiskeen

can’t hold a camera straight of focus it – want to be professional photographer, weddings, that sort of thing. Easy money!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Liftman

Gigolo 8)

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

hmm, always liked using my hands…

leffeboy

Fluffer

skink2020

Mythbuster.

flip
    Free Member

International man of mystery 8)

Rubber_Buccaneer

No good asking me, hope someone has a brilliant idea I can steal before I go and get another contract doing the same shit in a different place.

I think I’d like forestry work, fresh air and big machinery. Maybe a lumberjack, I’d be OK 🙂

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I loved my old job as a arborist (tree feller) and cutting grass on ride on mowers, tunes on shorts and sunglasses, awsome but alas it is seasonal so may be back in march!!!

There was a dream job a while back for a caretaker on a desert island nr oz great money family could stay free and u just looked after the island, some jammy student nabbed it, was in the paper im sure.

Atm my brother has a good job, working on the fracking in blackpool looking for shale gas, he drives a tracked bobcat and **** about with huge drills all day.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i did try for the forestry commission grad scheme a couple of years ago, but when the interview round is a 1st come 1st serve basis and your laptop decides to die at 8.55am you’re pretty ****!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

not much fracking down here in bristol 🙁

was thinking of setting up as a shoe shiner in the center of town today, just while i wait for a ‘proper’ job.. could be a laugh.

jekkyl
    wwaswas

I like the idea os ‘assessor’ – it sounds liek you don’t actually have to *do* anything just flit about vaguely.

“I assessed the top of that fell yesterday and noted that it was still there and I’m off to do that one over there today.”

(note: I have not followed the link so have no idea what the actual job involves)

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I gained my tickets when i worked for connaught, as they went into admin i was a (painter/foreman) then some of their contracts were bought by fountains who did motorway tree felling/grass cutting so i got tuped over and became a tree feller, then got a 6month contract with the local council, atm im in a stop gap doing spray booth instalation and commercial gas/air/water pipe fitting, its shite dirty and crap pay. A good job im looking into is working with naughty kids, minimal training, get paid to go mountainbiking,paintballing etc job satisfaction and good money as my failed attempts at being in the old bill wound me up.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

wwaswas – that seems largely to be it…

wwaswas

that seems largely to be it…

Sounds just my sort of thing 🙂

jekkyl

They assess the weather conditions for walkers and mtbers 😆

lapierrelady

If I wasn’t married, and didn’t have a job already that I quite like, I would definitely be looking at private tutoring abroad. There’s a job in the TES at the moment at £70,000 and a flat in Barcelona to coach a pupil for US college admission. I saw one last year that was offering £100,000 and a flat in NY! Oh, but the proviso was you had to be on-hand to tutor wherever the family was in the world- at their home in Verbier or Mustique as well as NY…tough life

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

bloody hell… not sure i’m smart enough for that!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Blacksmith.

project
    Free Member

Moderator, having the power to ban people who offend the majority, and take them out of society for a day, week or forever, and the moderators have respect from most unlike our politians who have none and dont deserve any.

Wookster

Farrier or thatcher ( roof, not union busing mine shutter type) but ok there is a lot of training.

Police commissioner?

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Farriers (horse shoers) make a really good living im sick of paying mine for the wifes horse, u have to have balls n be a bit of a lump like.

druidh
    Free Member

WTF would I want a job for?

jambalaya
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    WTF would I want a job for?

this …

davidjones15
    Free Member

Cycling or sports photography, I bet it’s not really that difficult either.

jonba
    Free Member

Google trekker, although I’d prefer to map the bike trails of the UK.

http://mashable.com/2012/06/12/google-street-view-hiking-trails/

eyerideit
    Free Member

Air ambulance pilot – you get to do worthwhile job and fly a whirlybird – surely women would fall at your feet and men would cross the room just to shake your hand and you’d just reply – “it’s nothing really, it’s just a job.”

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME job.

franksinatra

only caveats, no lengthy/expensive training required. i.e no airline pilots/astronaughts etc, has to be uk based too.

I’d be Prince Harry.

faz083
    Free Member
    willard

Farrierering is not that glamerous. My cousin is one and the total rewards for the job is a bit shit to be fair. Out in all weathers, large risk of personal injury, hard work. The bloke that taught him said it was a young man’s game and the went to teach it.

I’m really not sure what I’d like to be. Maybe some sort of uber-hacker, making gadgets and stuff. Either that or the boss of a private security company or something. At least the travel perks of the latter would be good.

druidh
    Free Member

Meeting fit, young, jodhpur-clad ladies all day …

grum
    Free Member

want to be professional photographer, weddings, that sort of thing. Easy money!

Cycling or sports photography, I bet it’s not really that difficult either.

What’s stopping you then?

My job/jobs is/are pretty sweet. I don’t earn a fortune but then I don’t work that much either. I work for a charity running music workshops and organising festivals/events, and I’m a photographer -weddings that sort of thing. 😉

toby1

There was a picture a few years back of a guy who was tweaking J-Lo for a photo shoot, could be worse.

On a river tour in Dartmouth I think it was there was a story of a guy who was salaried to look after a wealthy persons boat on the river, essentially, running it up and checking it over once a month, earning about £35k, could be worse.

Fashion photographer would also not be the most horrible way to earn a living, bitumen I’m not sure I’d be able to cycle t work any longer, so maybe not.

will
    Free Member

A farmer, I know it’s a lifestyle not a job as such, but still want it.

Failing that working for the forestry commission driving and forests and stuff would be fun.

davidjones15
    Free Member

What’s stopping you then?

I was actually making a suggestion, rains too much to do it in this country. 😉

seadog101

Benefits Bludger

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’ll be looking back into forestry

also the outdoor equipment, adventure sport industry (where i almost am now).

i’d quite like to be the next ben fogle too (but without the dashing looks)

druidh
    Free Member

You’d have to learn how to fall off your road bike going uphill. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘If you could have any job…’ is closed to new replies.