Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • If you could award a jersey in Le Tour what would it be ?
  • hels
    Free Member

I propose a “Most Howfin and Ridiculous Sunglasses” jersey.  Current jersey holder is Adam Yates.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/adam-yates-on-these-shorter-tour-stages-we-race-right-from-the-start/

What is this disturbing trend for wearing ski goggles on the bike ?  Even Peter Sagan isn’t cool enough to get away with this, and he is a Johnny Cash level competitor at being cool.

funkmasterp

Best use of a banned substance or biggest package.

edit – nobody in the race is (or ever will be) anything near approaching Johnny Cash levels of cool.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

“Lamest crash” jersey with airbag built in, currently awarded to the bloke that rode into another rider whilst having a drink, before falling off nastily.

Drac

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What is this disturbing trend for

modern life….

https://www.scott-sports.com/gb/en/product/scott-sport-shields-60th-sungl?article=2709380005192

Only £60 though and so seem to have a lot of coverage without the frame getting in the way, maybe they protect his eyes and let him see 😉

Jersey for best nose rocket but green is already gone

joshvegas
    Free Member

Sharpest tan lines.

Pure white jersey to make them pop!

Those shades are alright waaaaaay better than all the daft oakleys with vents and stuff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

worst podium outfit.

sagan winning atm with his goggles.(and i mean actual GNARDURO goggles with strap an all not the 1992 retro shields shown above)

hels
    Free Member

Sure – but at least Sagan gets paid to wear those goggles – some of the other fashion choices appear to be voluntary.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i get paid to wear a safety hardhat at my work.  – doesnt make it look any better

holdsteady

“Best Bitch” for the hardest working domestique

bikebouy
    Free Member

Best podium Girl …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anything that is ‘podium specific’, as per Sagan and his goggles suggested above. See also, Alaphillipe and his podium glasses with logos all over the lens.

And then, there’s podium shoes…

Anyone wearing any such monstrosities shall ride the next stage in the Purple Mankini.

cookeaa

Scariest stem humping/shitting dog style descender…

jobro
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t want to ride so close behind anyone riding like that! Do you think he has much control of the bike or are Pro’s another galaxy away in skill from us mortals?

butcher

modern life…

Yep, I don’t think it’s a recent thing.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dick of the day.

qwerty
    Free Member

I love the way that whilst in 👆position, he’s covering the front brake……

Surely it should just be the Lantern Rouge, in a tortoise shell pattern.

dirkpitt74

Best suicide no-hander

senorj

“Grey” jersey for most T.U.E.’s used.

shifter
    Free Member

Motorcycle near-miss of the day

Spectator bikini of the day. The mankini to bikini ratio needs some adjustment imo.

akira

Longest stem, but not a jersey a little bunting they can hang off it.

atlaz
    Free Member

Didn’t some university study this and work out that the extreme positions for descending didn’t offer much, if anything over the traditional arse-in-air descending?

Actually here we go:

llama

jersey for the most effort from a town/school/farmer put into getting a helicopter TV shot

hels
    Free Member

Oh well then, if Princess Anne is doing it….

brakes
    Free Member

the hardman jersey for riding with the most debilitating injury

– Lawson Craddock at the moment

– Tom Skujins last year when he tried to ride with concussion

– Gee when he broke his pelvis in 2013

the jersey would just be a tattered bloodstained rag patched with mesh bandages

cookeaa

I’m not sure it’s actually the “Froome” descending position, I’m sure others did it before him….

I’ve always assumed it’s based on a similar bit of “Aero-logic” to Graham Obree’s disallowed hour record bike “ski-tuck” type position.

If you’ve ever tried doing it, even if just for a giggle, it feels as sketchy as anything, so I highly recommend you don’t…

I find it funny if there’s no actual aero advantage, it certainly is less stable and makes control of the bike harder… it’s basically the worst way to ride a road bike down a hill, so I think a special award is justified…

cookeaa

– Lawson Craddock at the moment

– Tom Skujins last year when he tried to ride with concussion

– Gee when he broke his pelvis in 2013

the jersey would just be a tattered bloodstained rag patched with mesh bandages

Lemond for riding a tour with shotgun pellets still in his back?

Sandwich

Best use of a sticky bottle. Velcro loops fabric in black to be worn the following day. Winning the jersey on consecutive days gets you the hook fabric shirt to wear and no base layer.

MKII
    Free Member

I’d award the “housewives’ choice jersey”.

Thomas Voekler would have have been a multiple winner in previous years and I reckon Alaphilippe would be a contender this year. As would any other rider Ona pro continental French team.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Biggest knockers on a podium girl

nicko74

The poo brown jersey, for most over-hyped/ under-performing rider. Until yesterday Quintana would’ve been in with a shout, but now Romain Bardet has it uncontested.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

White shorts for the rider who takes the most brazen “nature break”

hels
    Free Member

Go easy on poor wee Romain – they don’t let him eat !

tomhoward

Reckon Gilbert has one hand on that for this year

lunge

“Lamest crash” jersey with airbag built in, currently awarded to the bloke that rode into another rider whilst having a drink, before falling off nastily.

I think Bernal riding into the back of the BMC car might have trumped that one.

Anyway, what about the highest number of futile attacks award, winner, Mr Dan Martin.

matt_outandabout

The cheered on by most fans wearing speedo’s jersey?

The inappropriate wedding shoe jersey?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Best waterbottle lob. Extra points for hitting a costumed spectator.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Anyway, what about the highest number of futile attacks award, winner, Mr Dan Martin.

Surely that has to go to the eponymous Pierre Rolland Energy Wasting Attack™

igm

The HiViz jersey for the best impact with a motorised vehicle (includes motos as well as cars, and extra points for damage to rider / bike in addition to being knocked off)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘If you could award a jersey in Le Tour what would it be ?’ is closed to new replies.