Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • if you are stuck in a crappy job, please motivate me……
  • alpin
    Free Member

so i’m lucky enough to be self-employed freelancer (of sorts).

currently got a job on that i simply can’t motivate myself for.

i usually groan about getting up, but once i’m there i’m happy, productive and sometimes even motivated.

i should be happy on this current job. it’s only a convinient 30 minutes away, the money is good (like 15-25% increase on what i usually earn). yet i’m skiving now and keep thinking of excuses for not going in. not felt like this since for years.

i think the problem is that most of the people (Polish, Portuguese, Spanish) i am working with can not communicate in either English or German (i’m in Germany). there’s no banter. they also seem to insist on working from 7:30 till 19:15. i can see why they do it, they are away from home and need the money. i’m not and i don’t.. to be honest i’m clearing my set weekly target with 3.5 days. and then they want to work saturdays, too, which i have so far avoided.

i’ve got another four weeks on this job and then another 10 weeks on another job from mid-July onwards (that job is just 5 minutes ride away).

i just can’t be bothered.

what can i do to motivate myself?

Mackem

Just think of the money. It’s the reason most of us work.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

browse a bike shop and set a target.

alpin
    Free Member

have enough bike bling… and i’m not particularly driven by having new things.

moeny rich, time poor i am not, though…

Drac

It’s only 4 weeks just ride it out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

in that case borrow 10 large from the sort of blokes you see in Lock Stock and they will motivate you to earn fast!

AdamW
    Free Member

Then start building a biking holiday of your dreams and think of the money being used for that.

wanders off, still muttering about his own dream holiday

kudos100
    Free Member

Go and ride your bike in the evening?

Doesn’t always motivate, but gives me something to look forward to after work.

alpin
    Free Member

right, you’re not really helping, but i’m off into work anyway… four hours late.

thanks.

whattyre
    Free Member

least youve got a job smug bastid! 🙄

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Just think of the coke and hookers 😯

banks
    Free Member

At least your not worrying about whether you’ll have q job at the end of the month.

Oh and buy a map

molgrips
    Free Member

Sorry to hear this mate.

But as above, you can put up with anything for 4 weeks. In this job I get some shit and some good stuff, but the shit can last 6 months. But I know it’ll pass.

Drac

Exactly Molgrips we’ve all been there, ride it out, fix it or leave that’s the options.

alpin
    Free Member

I’ll ride it out, but I just feel so lethargic in the evenings…
    Exactly the same for me moly, except that most jobs don’t drag on like this one…
    Sorry to hear that others haven’t got anything.

molgrips
    Free Member

Start singing a lot at work? 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Underpants on head, pencils up your nose, wibble?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘if you are stuck in a crappy job, please motivate me……’ is closed to new replies.