• This topic has 71 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by afkt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • If you are 6ft 4 inches tall what Full Suspension Bike Do you ride?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

have an XL framed HT for family rides and commuting.
    I would like a full sus bike for my local trail centre. I have test rode a few but im curious to see if others who are also as tall think the same? yes I do believe XL frame is the one for me. When I was looking for my hardtail the only bike I liked geometry wise was a 29er specialized. it suited my riding position and felt comfortable.

I totally understand that people have and prefer different riding positions. im just comparing to see if different manufacturers mostly suit a certain person because of there height.

mrben100
    Free Member

Trek fuel ex8 XL – 26″
    Large c456 – 26″

Edit: ninja edit

twistedpencil

Large Nicolai AC 29er here, fits me really well. Spent a decade on a 20″ Orange Sub Five, which now feels small 🙂

All I can say is each manufacturer sizes bikes differently, try as many as you can and get the one that fits best. Having said that my bike shop measured me up for the Nicolai prior to pushing the order button.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s hard because the difference in size with each manufacturer can be so great. I’m 6’3 and normally just automatically opt for XL, but i’ve been caught out a couple of times unfortunately when i’ve bought without test fitting/riding. My Spesh Camber was an XL and it was enormous, waaay too big. The only sure way to get the sizing right is to try them out, which can often be really difficult to organise.

el_boufador

I’m 6’3″, odd shape with long legs and arms but short torso, so I tend to ride small frames to rein the reach in.
    I rid a large (19.5 inch) 2006 vintage Turner 5 spot. It’s looking a bit tired nowadays though!

br
    Free Member

I’m only 6’2″ but have long legs and recently had a ride on a (taller) riding buddys’ Cube carbon Stereo 27.5. Rode really well and worth a demo.

LoCo
    Free Member

21.5 trek remedy for fs at 6’3″

ichi
    Free Member

6’4″ and I ride a large 19″ Alpine. Had a nerve am XL 22″ before that and a 20″ Cube Reaction before that .

After my Nerve I realised I really don’t want another XL frame. My Alpine fits me very nicely, im comfortable on it and after a few months with it I feel at home, can ride it well and it’s never caused me any discomfort in any area. That’s the real test IMO, does it cause you any pain or numbness or does it affect your abilities negatively in the mid to long term? If the answer is no then you’ve got a bike you can use.

Of course this is no use when buying a bike as you only get a short test ride, but I wouldn’t automatically assume you need an XL just because you are 6′ 4″ .

crazybaboon

Salsa Horsethief in XL , 22 inch
    I’ve got long legs so a lot of seatpost out and I need a lot of stem spacers and risers!
    No way would I fit anything smaller, but anything bigger gets too long, even though I could do with the longer seat and head tubes.

TooTall
    Free Member

I’m 6’7″ with a 23″ Turner Sultan, their XXL Sasquatch size. The XL would be about right for you.

ali69er
    Free Member

Fuel Ex8 19.5

I am 6’2 and right on the cusp of L/XL

Opted for a smaller frame, some XL frames felt like a gate

Marmoset
    Free Member

Just over 6″2″ and riding XL Rocky Mountains, around 20.5″ I think.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Only 6ft 1″ but long legs, short body, on a large Blur. Perfect for me as they are relatively short compared to other brands.

My large Enduro was too long for me

rOcKeTdOg

XL SC heckler

jacob46
    Free Member

Pretty varied results so far. A couple of treks and no stumpjumpers FSR’S. Got a demo day next week and week after and will be trying XL in cube Stereo & stumpy FSr.

bigdean

I’ve a 22″ turner 5 spot and 21″ inbread and scandal (both 29ers).
    I did have a 20″ inbread but just felt small with stupid amounts of seatpost stcking out.

boxelder

XXL Tallboy

mattbee

At 6’2″ my Large Transition Bandit is a perfect fit but I reckon I’m at the upper limit as I quite like a short top tube.

ekul
    Free Member

XL Norco sight for me at 6’4″. Really comfy bike. A vast improvement on the XS Norco i had before!

jacob46
    Free Member

Mattbee
    Beautiful bike and good spec. Where you purchase from mate ?

Nezbo
    Free Member

I find 20″/19.5″ is right perfect to me on 26er or 29er and I am 6’4″. Anything bigger just felt too big.

maccruiskeen

6’6″

Previously rode a XL Titus Racer X, now have a XL Banshee Prime.

hora
    Free Member

Im only a short un- 6ft2 18″ 08Patriot 😀

6 6? Are you black and play professional basket ball? 😆

timdb
    Free Member

6’4″ – XL Tallboy. First bike I’ve ridden in years that really feels like it ‘fits’ properly.

mattrgee
    Free Member

6’2″ with a large Stumperjumper 26er. The stumpy frames are pretty long and the fit is perfect for me.

jacob46
    Free Member

mattrgee – Member

6’2″ with a large Stumperjumper 26er. The stumpy frames are pretty long and the fit is perfect for me.

Posted 21 minutes ago # Report-Post

think im into the XL bracket with this bike but I know what you mean by long. that’s why I ended up with a carve HT. fits me lovely.

maccruiskeen

6 6? Are you black and play professional basket ball?

yes and yes

IA

6’4″ salsa horsethief in XL

whippersnapper
    Free Member

6’4″ – XL Tallboy. First bike I’ve ridden in years that really feels like it ‘fits’ properly.

Exactly this, except for LT after the Tallboy

hexhamstu
    Free Member

6’4″ Large Covert, but it feels too short on long climbs…..

j40aja
    Free Member

6’4″ and I ride an XL Canyon Nerve XC8.0.

CaptainSlow

Turner xl would prob be a good fit for you – I’m riding a flux in that size and it’s perfect.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

6’4″ – ride a 22″ Kona tanuki… I have come to the conclusion however that its too big…

my next bike will have more stand-over and shorter reach

MSP

Canyon nerve xl, I am 6’2″ and found the xl just a tad too big for me, so would probably fit you nicely.

GHill

6’4″ and on a Trek Fuel Ex 8 (the 26″ version). Feels spot on with a 70 mm stem for me.

I also have a L Cotic BFe, it’s too small but a lot of fun.

warns74
    Free Member

6’4″ also and XL stumpy fsr 29er.
    In the flesh it is enormous but doesn’t feel like it when you’re on it.

Previously rode XL enduro SL (26″)

klumpy
    Free Member

I’m not 6’4″ and I ride a hardtail.
    Hope that helps.

lornholio
    Free Member

6ft4, on an XL 2012 Nukeproof Mega. I probably could have gotten away with a large, but I’m used to bikes that are too small for me. I might try a 35mm stem this summer to shorten it up from the current 50mm.

MSP

It is all very personal though, I have a pretty good idea of the TT & ST lengths I want, currently building up a 29er hardtail, and looking at the canyons really wanted the ST off the large and TT off the xl. So ended up going for a santa cruz highball with was much more suited to the dimensions I wanted. For a full sus however I would have gone for a large nerve.

dair86
    Free Member

Im 6’4″ and ride a 20″ orange five. Fits me perfectly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘If you are 6ft 4 inches tall what Full Suspension Bike Do you ride?’ is closed to new replies.