Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • If this doesn’t make you smile.. Best Dad Content Ever
  • ready

Drac

Great stuff.

I was at my parents over Xmas and the kids were doing there usual digging to see what their dad was like a kid. My mother told tales of us lighting fires, using black widows and other such stuff. My dad chirped in about the fires and how we would come home stinking of smoke and deny what we had been doing. Of course a quick reminding of who showed me from about 5 how to light a fire stopped him, then a reminder that it was my mother who said to get a Black Widow for my birthday.

tonyd

dawson

Excellent stuff, though did think the kid was going to hit the wooden surround of the flower bed at one point!

matt_outandabout

With a family like that (including aunty Hannah and the grandparents), that kid is going to be future bike/ski/sailing world champ, surely.

hooli

Awesome! Not much beats riding bikes with your kids.

sharkattack

I’m a few years away from stuff like this but I can’t wait. I’m still at the “What’s this green stripe on my shirt? Oh, it’s poo” stage.

Rona

👍 😃

(The vid … not the green stripe on shirt comment above. 😂)

johnjn2000

I was such a sh!t dad when it came to these sorts of things. Even watching someone else’s child in the clip all I can see is danger. That raised bed at the bottom was ripe for an otb situation, and the seated riding position was going to buck them off at some point.

I don’t regret much about bringing up my kids but I do regret being a massive worrier about their safety. But yes, it made me smile, as well as a little sad 🙂

avdave2

Excellent stuff, though did think the kid was going to hit the wooden surround of the flower bed at one point!

Even watching someone else’s child in the clip all I can see is danger. That raised bed at the bottom was ripe for an otb

Did you not notice the greenhouse!

Great video

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Very much looking forward to doing this with my daughter. 6 months is too early to start right?!

matt_outandabout

I don’t regret much about bringing up my kids but I do regret being a massive worrier about their safety. But yes, it made me smile, as well as a little sad

Find that balance.

one of ours:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/sbNwo]100_2739_edited[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/5eQvMd]MTB – 6yr old![/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/af3vtX]Exif_JPEG_PICTURE[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kT2dJT]Rocky Mountain Altitude A50[/url] by Matt Robinson, on Flickr

desperatebicycle

Brilliant. Some of the best times of my life have been out riding trails with my son. So happy he’s still riding – in the University club, getting to go some cool places. Makes me happy even though I’m not with him 🙂

(Only negative comment on the vid: That dad needs to learn to eat with his mouth closed)

Sandwich

I don’t regret much about bringing up my kids but I do regret being a massive worrier about their safety.

Well you would have to explain to their mother why little johnjn2000 was slightly broken, it’s a valid worry. Sandwichjr wouldn’t ride bikes when he was younger but did enjoy a bit of lead climbing in The Peak District!

martymac

That’s the best video I’ve seen in a long time.

DickBarton

Pretty sure that ‘dad’ is actually an Uncle…

sirromj

Impressive!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Some of the best times of my life have been out riding trails with my son

This.

StirlingCrispin

Riding bikes with kids rocks.

H at Comrie:

View post on imgur.com

And then they become teenagers:

Thump (back) on Colsnaur

View post on imgur.com

MoreCashThanDash

Lovely clip.

I deliberately tried not to push my kids to ride bikes. They do it occasionally, enjoy it, but have found other talents and interests. Mixed feelings about that, I’ll be honest.

Mind you, if they get interested again, both have outgrown their current bikes

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve reached ‘laconic teenager’ stage with my lad.

He doesn’t mind riding, but he’s more ball sports orientated and recently he’s decided that going out riding with his old man is too much effort.

riding

I would be sad about this, but his interest in wild camping has gone through the roof at the same time, so we do that instead!

wildcamping

weeksy

As you’d expect, my days out with the boy are awesome..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mcoYSf]2021-07-21_09-47-35[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Blackflag
    Free Member

I don’t regret much about bringing up my kids but I do regret being a massive worrier about their safety. But yes, it made me smile, as well as a little sad

Conversely, i know loads of people who were dragged around by their parents doing stuff cos its what the parents enjoyed doing and hated it, whist pretending to enjoy it as it meant they got attention. As long as you expose your kids to new things and encourage them when they show an interest then you’re doing great. Forget all the lifestyle parents on youtube and insta. My dad is ace but we never snowboarded down K2 or went cage diving together.

johnjn2000

@blackflag love this

Conversely, i know loads of people who were dragged around by their parents doing stuff cos its what the parents enjoyed doing and hated it, whist pretending to enjoy it as it meant they got attention. As long as you expose your kids to new things and encourage them when they show an interest then you’re doing great. Forget all the lifestyle parents on youtube and insta. My dad is ace but we never snowboarded down K2 or went cage diving together.

I used to encourage both mine to ride with me, and when my daughter showed some promise in longer XC type rides I pushed a little harder, entered her in a race and had a coaching session. At the age of 15 she stood in the kitchen with me one day and said “Right dad, I need to tell you I don’t like riding bikes. I know it’s what you like to do but I prefer basketball and want to try swimming” It was like a smack in the guts, and I felt so guilty for pushing her so we left it at that. She is captain of her college basketball team now 🙂 and I have been passive in that activity. I did the opposite with my son and he used to ask to go to the bike park. At the age of 13 he also decided biking wasn’t for him. I have now decided that i was screwed either way and parenting can suck 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘If this doesn’t make you smile.. Best Dad Content Ever’ is closed to new replies.