Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • If I've previously used a bleeding syringe with dot4…
  • fadda

…can I clean it, and use it with mineral oil, or will ANY contamination result in my certain death? (or that of my brakes?)

If I can clean it, do I need any particular cleaning agent, as opposed to running it under a tap…?

Thanks.

kayak23

I did it once with some Avid syringes on my Shimano. I didn’t die or nothing, but everyone on here said I would. Still time I suppose…
    Just clean them really, really well.

fadda

That’s exactly the combination I have.

How do I clean the syringe? Seems easier to just get another one if I’d need to buy some special cleaner, but if I can just flush it through with something I already have, I can avoid more riding tomorrow with a rear lever that comes to the bars! 😯

cheers_drive

Just clean it with IPA. Any contamination would be a fraction of the new oil volume anyway.

kayak23

Just clean it with IPA.

Clean it with Bitter?
    Otherwise, get a kit from epic bleed solutions. Dead easy then and decent price.

fadda

Thanks both.

I’m going to order a kit to do it properly at a later stage, just wanted to be able to firm the lever up for tomorrow, but didn’t want to cause longer term issues.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Just flush it through with water a couple of times and it’ll be grand.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Isopropyl alcohol is good stuff to use, wipes are good for the inside of the syringes.

Flushing with water first then wipe over and dry thoroughly before your next bleed.

Alternatively purchase a couple of extra syringes and keep ’em separate, they’re not expensive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘If I've previously used a bleeding syringe with dot4…’ is closed to new replies.