Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • if i wanted a bare finish on a frame such as that on $%^ Summer Season……
  • alpin
    Free Member

….what would i have to do?

strip paint and then lacquer the frame?

is that all?

decals on frame and lacque over the top or decals onto lacque…?

Ed-O
    Free Member

I think they have been dipped in acid (man) and then the raw finish, with decals is laquered.

Probably cheaper and easier to buy a Summer Season.

thepodge
    Free Member

there was a big trend in Sheffield to just strip all the paint off your BMX frame and let it rust. the crapper your bike looked the cooler you were. now its all dayglow colours. mine has always been British racing green and it has always looked good.

ie, stop following trends, ride your bike.

alpin
    Free Member

just figured it may be easier or cheaper to get a better ‘finish’ doing it that way than trying to paint it myself or paying someone else to do it.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

frame finish pic
    I get my track frame clear laquered by colour tech. Its a labour intensive process and they charge the same as an enamel spray job, about £100. I think it look amazing though.

stupid internet, I can never get it to embed a picture on here! grrrrr

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

leggyblonde, you do realise that you have a roman army in the middle of your track bike photo album?

http://picasaweb.google.com/noughttosixty/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCPLnrdeZoZC9WQ#5318904873057576850

😀

leggyblonde
    Free Member

yeah, there was some filming on holmbury hill a few weekends ago. I want to know what film it’s going to be to see if there are any brightly clad MTBers in the background!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘if i wanted a bare finish on a frame such as that on $%^ Summer Season……’ is closed to new replies.