Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • If I don't look at you….
  • khani
    Free Member

‘but officer, he thought he was hard so I run him down’ 😀
    You’d be needing soap on a rope for that one if you’d have got nicked..

konabunny
    Free Member

Another “everyone else is an idiot, I am awesome” thread.

teasel
    Free Member

You’d be needing soap on a rope for that one if you’d have got nicked.

🙂

Indeed.

He didn’t want to press charges.

piemonster

Another “everyone else is an idiot, I am awesome” thread.

Oh, be under no illusions. I fully acknowledge my idiocy, fairly proud of it tbh.

teasel
    Free Member

I fully acknowledge my idiocy

Likewise.

fairly proud of it

Not so much, but it still tickles me.

All that aside, my penis is so magnificent someone I’ve apparently never met has heard about it. Regardless of your point of view, that IS awesome…

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I saw an awesome example of cyclists doing this a couple a weeks ago.

Two cyclists approaching each other on the white lines in between the traffic were seemingly having a game of “not looking at you chicken”. They colided, it was much laughter for all. (except the lady whose car they fell into when they clattered to the ground.

allmountainventure
    Free Member
    Ro5ey
    Free Member

Oh how I’d love to plough through some of them…

Especially the ones who don’t thank you for stopping for them at a Zebra crossing.

Rude gets.

I should add I don’t want flowers or a box of chocolate for stopping for them.

Just some form of acknowledgment… A little head nod, a raised hand, a thumbs up would all be good.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I tend to be pretty relaxed about most pedestrians’ behaviour, with 2 exceptions – the head down smartphone user (watched one have a near miss just outside Graves Gallery, Sheffield and she look furious that someone had given her a gentle toot on the horn to distract her from her reverie!), the others are the people who chance a crossing through moving traffic within a stones throw of a Pelican Crossing (especially in Hathersage on a busy weekend).

hora
    Free Member

If its particular dumb I’ll hit the horn at the closest point then watch them jump!

wwaswas

Just some form of acknowledgment…

I was walking through a car park the other day and stopped to let a woman reverse out of a parking space.

She made a bit of a meal out of it but I waited.

At the end she held her hand up to say thanks and I did the same.

She then wound her window down and started screaming at me for having the wrong look on my face whilst acknowledging her thanks.

very odd.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

mightymule
    Free Member

She then wound her window down and started screaming at me for having the wrong look on my face whilst acknowledging her thanks.

Sorry about that – wrong time of the month and all that….. 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

People are relying on their ears more than they realise. I see this all the time on the back lanes around work.

Best thing to do is pick a course that sees you passing right behind them and then say ‘heads up’ in their ear. Teaches them to be a bit more aware!

dabble
    Free Member

The jes extender can be worn whilst sleeping, but may become uncomfortable for those that toss and turn.

😆

I think that youtube link should be on a PSA.

shifter
    Free Member

allmountainventure’s post is NSFW.

tinribz
    Free Member

OK that’s in my GCHQ browser history…

Sometimes in slow moving traffic I actually slow down or stop to let people waiting cross. But about 50% of the time they just stare at you in incredulity. Like you’re daring them, and are gonna run them down.

Then there is this sort of thing to consider:

RichPenny
    Free Member

Oh how I’d love to plough through some of them…
    Especially the ones who don’t thank you for stopping for them at a Zebra crossing.

Rude gets.

I should add I don’t want flowers or a box of chocolate for stopping for them.

Just some form of acknowledgment… A little head nod, a raised hand, a thumbs up would all be good.

What car do you drive? I’ll happily shit on your bonnet as you wait. That the sort of acknowledgement you want for the supreme gesture of not running me over as I go about my business?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I find a good long blast on the horn gets them shifting pretty quick smart.

The best piece of advice I was given about driving was from my dad when he told me to treat everyone else on the road like they are complete and utter idiots who could, and probably will, do something completely unpredictable at any time. It turns out to be pretty true in the most part and is a piece of advice that has served me well wether I’m on my bike, in my car or as a pedestrian.

No point in getting wound up, life is too short.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘If I don't look at you….’ is closed to new replies.