If I buy something from you on the classifieds ……..

Home Forum Bike Forum If I buy something from you on the classifieds ……..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • If I buy something from you on the classifieds ……..
  • danielgroves

For me this is the complete opposite. I’d rather have Royal Mail or Parcel Force for anything as I can easily get to them to pick up parcels. I don’t have a car so cannot drive either. I’ve dealings with couriers based in Exeter as well (I’m in Plymouth) so it can be a royal pain in the arse.

When you hand over payment details, etc, have you tried asking for a particular courier or saying not to use Parcel Force. I normally use this point to request RM or PF.

cupra

When you hand over payment details, etc, have you tried asking for a particular courier or saying not to use Parcel Force. I normally use this point to request RM or PF.

Up until now, no, as they have been good, but recently……..

It now turns out they don’t know where the Inverness parcel is. It’s OK as it’s nothing important, only a bike.

danielgroves

It now turns out they don’t know where the Inverness parcel is. It’s OK as it’s nothing important, only a bike.

That really sucks, I’m really impatient with any parcel, but I’d be really bad waiting on a whole bike. Hopefully it’ll all be sorted soon πŸ™‚

I never use parcel farce sh#t tracking always miss deliveries ups all the way for me

cupra

Good news – they have now found it. Bad news – it’s on the way to Fort William. So not really any closer to me, further south yes and on a similar latitude but now 100 miles west of me. πŸ™‚

As I said, the mind boggles.

cupra

please don’t send it to me by ParcelForce. They used to be great around here and our local delivery driver generally still is but the local depot (Perth) is utterly useless. I live 16 miles from the Perth depot. In the last three weeks they have:
    1) mis-sorted one parcel from the Perth depot to the Glasgow depot around 70 miles in the wrong direction
    2) left one parcel in the depot and sent the van out. The bloke turned up then realised the parcel wasn’t on the van.
    3) mis-sorted one parcel from Perth to Inverness over 100 miles away where they then loaded it on to a van for local delivery. I still don’t have that parcel as it is still in Inverness with the local delivery agent.
    4) never turned up at all to collect a booked collection for an item I was sending to an stw buyer.
    The mind boggles.

This would be bad enough if I was receiving / sending a large volume of parcels but these are the only 4 dealings I have had with them in the last 3 weeks.

danielgroves

Good news – they have now found it. Bad news – it’s on the way to Fort William. So not really any closer to me, further south yes and on a similar latitude but now 100 miles west of me.

On the plus side, you can build it and go for a ride when you collect it, pretty epic place to go for a ride πŸ˜€ Love Fort William.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

I think parcel force staff enjoy a bit of biking and are passing your bike around the depots, bet your bike is flying down fort william as we speak underneath some geezer in a parcel force uniform πŸ™‚

dantsw13

In balance, my local postie is awesome with parcels. She always finds a way. Though with the volume of parcels I receive, we have a good level of trust!!

duckman

Postman Pat,Postman Pat and Cupra’s black and white trek remedy…Flying down the black run…Quite catchy no?

cupra

Quite a nice thot that someone is enjoying the bike πŸ™‚ hopefully it will be me, soon!

Loving the tune there duckman πŸ˜‰

As I said they are used to be very good and the usual delivery driver is usually spot on as he lives round the conrer as has taken a parcel home for me in the past, I suspect it isn’t him doing the drop today. Our RM postie is ace as well.

i once sent a frame in a bike box via normal post, i was in the high street post office weighing it on the little scales at the till…lol… everyone was astonished . . . they gave me the stamps to cover the postage

after lots of licking i took to the depot and off it went, he received it fine . . .

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

I generally opt for stuff to be delivered to work these days, all of the major outfits seem to get things right more often when there’s a business address involved.

I’ve known them to shove several hundred quids worth of stuff behind the bins when we lived at our old house, I wouldn’t have minded but it wasn’t the best area, it could have been bin collection day for all they knew and the sorting office was less than 5 min’s walk away, I’d rather have had the red card shoved through the door TBH…

I’m pretty sure they don’t even bother getting the parcel out of the van at our current place, more often than not MIL is in looking after the kids doesn’t hear a thing (although she is going a shade deaf) and then finds a red card on the doormat.

cupra

I hear you cookeaa but a bike is too big for my work, did it once before and was told no to do so again πŸ™

danielgroves

I generally opt for stuff to be delivered to work these days, all of the major outfits seem to get things right more often when there’s a business address involved.

I used to do that, then I started commuting by bike.

cupra

Update – it has arrived! It’s been delivered to a neighbour at the second attempt. The local depot agreed to do this if I wasn’t in. Neighbour called me at 11:30 to say PF van heading out of cul-de-sac and she didn’t have any parcel and the door bell hadn’t been rung. I called local depot. Upshot the van came back and delivered to said neighbour. I suspect the Fort William stuff was boll*cks but I now have a bike which is the main thing πŸ™‚

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Have you opened the box yet?

danielgroves

Pictures required now we know you have a new steed πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon paceface
    Subscriber

Cupra, wish I’d read this before I’d sent your forks πŸ˜₯

cupra

Update – collected box from neighbour yesterday evening and it was intact and contained the bike, all good.

paceface – based on the above the forks WILL get to me in good condition but probably not by the most logical route πŸ™‚

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘If I buy something from you on the classifieds ……..’ is closed to new replies.