Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • IDS gets totally pwned
  • bencooper
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exh8t6lUpAI&sns=em[/video]

🙂

piemonster

Can’t help but post something

cranberry
    Free Member

Did I miss the bit where there was pwnage ? All I saw was a ranty man making himself look silly.

TimS
    Free Member

LOL.

martinhutch

I liked the ‘You can clap that if you want’ as he leaves, followed by utter silence from the rest of the audience.

Not the pwning I was hoping for, frankly. IDS just thanks him and carries on with his speech while George Galloway mkII flounces off into the hall.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I could barely understand what the geezer was saying, but I think I got the gist – Scotsman doesn’t like the Tories ?

piemonster

We’ve got better pandas than you

That’s worth a smile at the very least

Drac

Guy embarrasses himself and flounces out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OP gets totally pwned.

😉

bencooper
    Free Member

OP gets totally pwned.

I guess this is one of those “divides opinion” threads 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cranberry +1, plus the panda gag is worth remembering for sure!

martinhutch

I must have missed the panda gag amid the incoherent ranting. Bit worrying for Scotland if that is to be a central feature of the independence debate.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And gets all the points he mentions published in a national paper.

Iain Duncan Smith branded a ‘ratbag’ over welfare changes

piemonster

Guess I’ve tuned into the incoherent drawl

piemonster

Lol

That photo of IDS on the guardian link is pwnage enough

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The Beeb should sign him up for QT, especially if George is busy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I must have missed the panda gag amid the incoherent ranting.

There are more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs nicely sums up the rarity factor of Tories north of the border.

To be fair Tories ministers have a bit of a cheek making speeches in Scotland when they have been so comprehensively rejected there.

Drac

And gets all the points he mentions published in a national paper.

Slow day at a Newspaper.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Slow day at a Newspaper

You don’t think Guardian readers are really interested in a Tory minister getting heckled by anti-cuts protesters ?

The BBC also carried the story

Iain Duncan Smith heckled by protesters in Edinburgh

as did several other newspapers.

cranberry
    Free Member

An uncritical write-up in a failed, sub Daily Mail rag you say?

Maybe it filled some space, and didn’t need a real, paid journalist to write it ?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So minority groups attempting to make speeches is now a “bit of a cheek” ? An interesting new spin on freedom of expression? At the least the one “minority group” representative had the decency to listen to the other!

If it was a slow day, the Guardian should have got the reporter to proof read his colleague’s article on Cyprus to prevent the list of inaccuracies it contains. Quality journalism??????

grum
    Free Member

Oh dear did that blog post really compare work experience with workfare? There’s a crucial difference there isn’t there. 🙄

And oh look here’s THM definitely not showing his right-wing bias again, because he’s above all that pettiness.

I think ‘ratbag’ was a pretty polite way of putting it TBH.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So minority groups attempting to make speeches is now a “bit of a cheek” ?

Well when the minority group is Tory MPs in Scotland, then yes, I would say it was a bit of a cheek.

I think a speech from a panda would be more valid.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It may well have been more valid Ernie, but that has never been a criteria for restricting speech.

Grum, remember there is a ball out there if you choose to play it. And please refer to previous posts on freedom of speech for all kinds of people including suspected terrorists etc. But if you think freedom of speech and respect is petty then so be it. Says a lot.

grum
    Free Member

But if you think freedom of speech and respect is petty then so be it. Says a lot.

What about the freedom of speech of the protestor?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Exactly, and he was given his moment as you saw. Hence th comment about, “at least one….”

footflaps

He must be pro-independence and thought he’d give Salmon a boost by reminding the Scots what they’d be escaping from…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think a speech from a panda would be more valid.

🙂

To be fair, pandas are quite good debaters once they get going. The last time I got into an argument with one, I had to give in, completely bamboozled by the experience.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

that has never been a criteria for restricting speech.

That’s one hell of a jump – from saying that Tory minsters have a cheek making speeches in Scotland when they and their policies have been so comprehensively rejected there, and “restricting speech”.

How did you manage to make it ?

bencooper
    Free Member

To be fair, pandas are quite good debaters once they get going. The last time I got into an argument with one, I had to give in, completely bamboozled by the experience.

<applauds> 😀

slowoldgit
    Free Member

He’s already belittled an entire profession…

http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/shelfstacking

… why stop there?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

was it tj?

McHamish
    Free Member

um…man rants and raves, and then flounces out before allowing a response.

I think he looked like a bit of a fool.

The quiet giggles from the audience after he leaves and bemused smirk from IDS say’s it all really.

scotroutes

klumpy
    Free Member

It’s possible to say that there was no pwnage on display without actually being on the side of IDS.

Nevertheless, this video invites the thread to descend into a combined argument on tories vs others and Scottish independence so should be closed immediately.

(29ers suck!)

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘IDS gets totally pwned’ is closed to new replies.