Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • iDieters – breakfast recipes
  • molgrips
    Free Member

We’re into our eggs for breakfast, being quick and delicious, but they lack carbs.

Anyone got any nice recipes that include say beans, that’s very quick? I’m tempted to toss beans into the omlette, but I feel it might end up a bit blergh. Possibly chopped bacon and beans then the eggs on top.. would maybe require some spices though.

Baked beans would of course be ideal but I think they are in the red list sadly.

Solo
    Free Member

Baked beans would of course be ideal but I think they are in the red list sadly.

Ton makes his own Baked beans and has posted a recipe on a thread.
    Think it might be his recipe thread.

I don’t have breakfast as I was hoping my body would burn off a bit more lard.

I’m not sure thats happening though.
    🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Microwave a tin of 3 bean salad, butter beans, lentils etc and add to the omlette. Chorizio for flavour.

It’s actually really nice.

What about tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, sugar snap peas etc as well?

grum
    Free Member

Huevos rancheros without the tortilla?

Solo
    Free Member

Huevos rancheros

So that’ll be an egg on top of your morning breakfast chilli.

MSP

fry up a small diced onion with some mushrooms, add eggs to pan to make an omelette, add some peas to omelette. Enough carbs to keep you going in that.

Solo
    Free Member

Enough carbs to keep you going in that.

Congratulations caller.
    You have just qualified for a brief tour of Molgrips world…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo – I just had to write in my diary:

“May 8th 2012 – Solo wrote something really funny on STW today”

grum
    Free Member

Huevos rancheros

So that’ll be an egg on top of your morning breakfast chilli.

Um….. Yes, what’s wrong with that?

sam_underhill

I’m not strictly following iDave but most of the general principles (no wheat or Dairy).
    Sometimes egg based breakfasts but on other days….

1 tablespoon of each of the following
    Chopped hazelnuts
    Ground almonds
    Sesame seeds
    Pumpkin seeds
    Goji Berries
    Ground Flax Seeds
    2 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut shavings.
    1/2 a banana (I know this bit isn’t iDave compatible)

Then instead of milk (which I don’t really like anyway) I’m having Kara coconut milk. It’s sold in the UHT milk area in supermarkets and is a great milk alternative for smoothies and the above breakfast.

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Boiled eggs with asparagus soldiers have seen me through the last week.

Solo
    Free Member

Solo – I just had to write in my diary:

“May 8th 2012 – Solo wrote something really funny on STW today”

I write lots of amusing stuff.

Its just not heading towards your goal.
    😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

molgrips

I have a baked bean recipe in PDF book form which is iDave friendly my email is in profile if anyone wants to drop me a mail I’ll send the recipe over

rj

Solo
    Free Member

I have a baked bean recipe in PDF book form which is iDave friendly my email is in profile if anyone wants to drop me a mail I’ll send the recipe over

Just wondering.

Why not post said recipe ?.

ton

black forest smoked ham, chopped and tossed in a pan with 1 chopped onion.
    handfull of spinach and a tin of chopped toms and some red chilli flakes.
    simmer till thick and serve topped with poached or fried eggs.

jamest
    Free Member

I make a lot of home made salsa and refried beans for breakfast, spicy and tasty and not filled with salt and other rubbish.

Solo
    Free Member

I make a lot of home made salsa and refried beans for breakfast, spicy and tasty and not filled with salt and other rubbish.

And I’m guessing the salsa keeps in the fridge for successive breakfast feasts ?.
    😉

Another winning recipe from Ton ^^^^^

Remember, these aren’t just for breakfast.
    They’re for life.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Now I’m “proper” iEating I’ve managed to get into the ride to work on just a cup of black coffee routine, when at work I have a flapjack for breakfast then iLunch.
    Bit tough at first but now seems fine, ride to work is about 8 miles, ususally do it in 30 mins off road or 20 on so I reckon that warrants the few fast carbs in the flapjack 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

HD.

Are you in maintenance phase or loss phase ?.

miketually
    Free Member

I generally have eggs and bacon. I sometimes have a couple of slices of toasted homemade sourdough bread too, because I’m skinny enough already 🙂

The Wife has some tomatoes and mushrooms with her fried egg and smoked salmon.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Didn’t have much to lose in the first place, lost about 750 g/week for a few months, now kind of plateaued out at 72 kg (down from 79kg) – still a residual belly/hip layer which I guess won’t shift that easy so I s’pose maintenance phase kind of sums it up.

Doing a lot more exercise/riding though so need to go back on the DXA for body fat measurement again as the fat <—-> muscle ratio has changed quite notably 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

still a residual belly/hip layer which I guess won’t shift that easy

This is me.

Its stubborn stomach fat and its doing my head in.

You’ll probably know more about this.
    But I have read that adipose tissue is kept under chemical lock and key.
    For fat to be released it needs ” receptors ” ?.
    Apparently adipose tissue has two receptors and its the ratio of these receptors to one another which dictates whether that particular fat store is released or not.
    For energy.

Guess what.
    the midrift area is reported to have the highest receptor ratio.
    😡

slimjim78
    Free Member

i’d like to see those b.bean recipe’s

hilldodger
    Free Member

Solo – Member

Its stubborn stomach fat and its doing my head in.

You’ll probably know more about this

Haven’t yet found any theories which would have any “real world” application for targetting SSF 🙁
    It’ll just be long term good eating plus loads or core and a bit of pilates for posture improvement for me, or mebbe a bit of DIY lipo, I mean it can’t be that hard can it 😕
    still 2″ of the waist says it’s “all win” so far 🙂

ton

bowl of cannelini beans
    tin chopped toms
    celery
    garkic
    onion
    chilli flakes
    all fried up and simmered till thick.
    add some smoked black forest ham or chorizo for extra flavour.

i make a big batch on a weekend.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m having a great breakfast meal for lunch right now.

When you cook your veg for you evening meal make loads extra… bubble and squeak the next day topped with some poached eggs.

Solo
    Free Member

I just can’t do the beans.

any beans.

The most I can do is some chick peas, occassionally.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo – I hated them a year or so ago, especially baked beans. You just have to eat them a few times then you get used to them. A few more times and you might even like them!

emsz
    Free Member

Porridge with syrup.

You know you want to 8)

Solo
    Free Member

Solo – I hated them a year or so ago, especially baked beans. You just have to eat them a few times then you get used to them. A few more times and you might even like them!

I appreciate the endorsement.
    However, I owned beans 18 months ago.
    But not now.
    And not likely ever again.

Anyway. I sacked breakfast.
    Afterall.
    What did Breakfast ever do for me ?.

alex222
    Free Member

porridge with a poached egg and some spinach as well as some red chillie flakes and ham chopped up a thrown in. oh don’t forget the fried onion and a hand full of wasabi peas

Solo
    Free Member

porridge with a poached egg and some spinach as well as some red chillie flakes and ham chopped up a thrown in. oh don’t forget the fried onion and a hand full of wasabi peas

Thats iVomit, if I’m not properly mistaken.

Proper pavement Pizza.

alex222
    Free Member

Thats iVomit, if I’m not properly mistaken.

Proper pavement Pizza.

I hated them it a year or so ago

You just have to eat them it a few times then you get used to them it. A few more times and you might even like them[i]it[/i]!

😆

Solo
    Free Member

That reminds me of a joke I knew in school about two tramps who find a Pavement Pizza.

No, I’m not repeating it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No, I’m not repeating it.

Good. I haven’t got the space in my diary to record that you’ve been funny twice.

alex222
    Free Member

Good. I haven’t got the space in my diary to record that you’ve been funny twice.

Technically if he is repeating a joke he would have been funny only by proxy

Solo
    Free Member

Don’t worry.
    It wasn’t that funny.
    It was more amusing for its physical gag inducing qualities, upon the recipient.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

solo

It’s in PDF form on my iPad I’ll have a look see if I can transfer it over to here later, it’s an 8 hour baked bean with ham hock recipe

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘iDieters – breakfast recipes’ is closed to new replies.