Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Idestructible smart phone required
  • jonnyyeti
    Free Member

Ok so I am sick of buying smart phones that fall apart after 5 minutes. I need something that is indestructible and will stand up to being out in all weathers.

I don’t really care if its the latest and greatest but it would be nice if it had a good camera.

I don’t want another Motorola they last about 2 weeks in my hands.

I don’t want to spend a fortune the cheaper the better.

What do you recommended?

joshvegas
    Free Member

How are you breaking your mitorolas?!

I take mine out inspecting bridges the other week i dropped it in a concrete channel and had to full sprint to pass it and get ready to catch it. Its not waterproof or anything and it still kerps on going.

But if you trash them that easy… Cheap phone and expensive lifeproof type case?

ampthill

Galaxy x-cover 4. Wife is out and about in all weathers every day with hers and it syill going fine. It’s an ugly brick out of the case but that isn’t the point is it

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-XCover-4-SM-G390F-Smartphone-Review.229208.0.html

rickmeister

Have a look at the android Blackview phones… Our BV9000 are going great after a full on year of outdoorsness, rain, shine, sun, deep freeze..

mattyfez

Leather wallet case with a magnetic clasp provides loads of cushioning for drops, also look for something with ip67 water /dust proofing like the LG g6.

#recommend what I already have.

What’s the nature of the damage though?

jonnyyeti
    Free Member

Screen broke after 2 days exactly the same as the last Motorola I had didn’t even drop it just got it out my pocket and it was cracked.

Nobody can hear me on the phone exactly the same as the Motorola I had before that.

I suspect it might have water damage some how but never dropped it in water might just be the damp from when I am out riding with it in my pocket.

Wifi connection is always dropping out on it, Bluetooth doesn’t always work.

Camera is always blurry out of focus.

Much slower than when I had it.

This is the same as the last Motorola I had almost exactly the same problems.

solarider
    Free Member

Buy anything you fancy and put it in an Otterbox Defender.

Cougar

^^

Otterbox and stop being a ham-fisted git. (-:

If a phone breaks after two days then either it’s a manufacturing defect or it’s you. Either way, send it back for replacement.

stewartc
    Free Member

+1 for Blackview, my BV7000 has been indestructible over the last 18 months, battery still going strong and the camera is not too bad. They can be a little ‘chunky’ but so would any phone rated at IP68.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Idestructible smart phone required’ is closed to new replies.