Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Identifying tick bites
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Recently started taking my dog up the local woods, and over the past 3 week’s I’ve found numerous ticks on her. I use the appropriate treatments so those that bite her die off pretty quick but I’m still wary about getting bitten myself so usually check myself over every day.

Today i noticed 3 or 4 bites on my leg, around my calf. No sign of ticks, and I was under impression if they bite you they tend to hang about for a while for a feed rather than just bite you repeatedly?

No rash, they look just like most insect bites tbh.

Can anyone advise?

Ta

Spud

Not an expert by any means, but have had several tick bites over the years, found them because of the tick still being attached. Never had a reaction from one like a bite from a mosquito for example, that swells and itches quickly.

tpbiker
    Free Member

These aren’t itchy, just little red dots on my skin which look like a critter has had a nibble.

cinnamon_girl
    scotroutes

Unlikely to be ticks. You’ll normally find them hanging in. There are so many biting insects that it could be almost anything.

I’d just keep an eye on the bite sites and be aware of any general flu-like symptoms.

tpbiker
    Free Member

There’s defo no rash. And the fact that there are about 3 bites in similar area I guess means unlikely ticks. I wouldn’t have bothered asking but the little critters are all over my dog ever time she goes out. Going to have to find another spot to walk her which is a shame as she loves it in the woods.

Does the rash appear where the bite is I assume?

scotroutes

*if* the rash appears, then it’ll circle the bite.

dc1988

Seems to suggest that the tick would probably need to stay on you for some time to transmit Lyme disease, therefore if you only see a bite mark and no tick then it probably wasn’t attached long enough if it was a tick.

stevextc
    Free Member

Weird stuff bites…. ladybird larva are one. Those little orange mites look like mini spiders .. and last night something just bit me… tiny but quite a painful bite .. didn’t have my glasses on and I crushed it by accident… rash today no idea what it was but seemed way too small and soft to be a tick.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Identifying tick bites’ is closed to new replies.