Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Identifying model year on an Orange 5
  • velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a s/h 5 – tapered headtube, 26″ wheels, QR rear – what model year? (I want to source some new shock bushings for it)

davewalsh
    Free Member

30.9 seat post ?
    I’d guess 2012 – 2014.

lister

I’m in a surprisingly similar position but mine is straight steerer and a bent top tube. 14” Limited edition Diva…09?

Sorry for the hijack OP!

plus-one

Do filing cabinets not have date inside top drawer 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Your best bet is to measure the gap that the shock sits into in the frame, over the years they’ve varied from 21.8×8, 22×8, to 22.2×8 (differing thicknesses of powder coat probably won’t help either), and while you can force or squeeze the wrong ones in, getting it right with a vernier caliper is the easiest way to ensure a snug and stress free fit.

timbog160

If you can measure a 0.2mm difference with any degree of certainty you’re a better man than me!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ

Just had a look at some old photos and my 2008 had straight steerer and quick release , my 2010 had tapered and maxel .

HTH .

balfa
    Free Member

Definitely around 2012 as there was not many years of tapered before they went 27.5. I’ve an old 2012 in the garage with tapered head tube. Rear axle was QR or optional 12x135mm bolt through. Top tube also had a kink in it at that point.

slackalice
    Free Member

Would the frame number help? Presumably Orange will have records of batch runs, frame numbers by year? A phone call away… possibly?

Or you could get the verniers out? 😉

mashr

2013 were Maxle only, so 2012 or earlier depending on other details (mostly seat tube size)

Phil_H

My 2011 five had a tapered headtube, 30.9mm seat post & 22mm bushings. QR swingarm was standard, maxle an option.

Phil_H

Check the serial number. The first 2 numbers will be the year of manufacture.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Identifying model year on an Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.