Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Identify my skirting..
  • pigyn
    Free Member

Righty ho, this is dull… trying to source a few metres of skirting board to match up with some existing stuff, but the shape is a bit weird. I have found it here:

http://skirtingonline.co.uk/epages/www_skirtingonline_co_uk.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/www_skirtingonline_co_uk/Products/Pro-18-3050-18/SubProducts/lam-18-3050-18-0001

They call it ‘profile v’ but it seems to be only them that use the name.

Ovolo is close but has a ridge at the top, whereas this stuff just curves into it.

The whole house is decked out with it, so where can I buy it from?
    Hopefully tomorrow, in fife…

B&Q, Wickes, Jewsons etc don’t have it. Unless I am blind.

rwamartin
    Free Member

I’m sorry to say that you’ll find a lack of consistency between the same styles (ie one company’s “torus” or “ovolo” will be different to anothers). Also, more annoyingly, there will be differences between batches of the same style from the same company. You may find you will struggle to match it and may have to do the whole room.

Rich.

cyclistm
    Free Member

A timber merchant maybe able to match the pattern.

jim25

If you want an exact match then you can get a local joiner to get a set of cutters made using to match your profile and then run of x amount of meters for you. Will be costly to get the cutter made up, circa £100

timber

I have recently found that online listings have very little in common with what is in store. Some actually have far more than they list online.

pigyn
    Free Member

Ach. BnQ ovolo looks close from a distance. The only skirting Beatsons do looks to be that shape, and they are just up the road so likely came from there. Will just buy whats closest, if I can get near sure we can live with it. Cheers!

kayak23

I’d say that’s a fairly common shape, the type you’d get on a raised and fielded door panel cutter on a spindle moulder block.

Ask in a joinery workshop. I’m sure many would have something similar to that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Identify my skirting..’ is closed to new replies.