- Ideas for using a cabbage
Toast tsp each of fennel and cumin seeds, then grind them in a pestle and mortar with 1 or 2 cloves of garlic and a tsp of salt. Fry this in 2 tbsp of olive oil on a moderate heat for a minute then add half a cabbage, sliced finely. Toss this in the mix and fry for 3-5 minutes more, then add the juice of half a lemon. Turn down the heat, cover and leave to sweat for about 15 minutes. Really nice with a simple pan-fried or oven-baked fillet of salmon on top.Posted 4 years agoMalvern RiderMember
– Sound effects for slasher films.
– Fry in sesame oil, salt and garlic until tasty (and all health-giving properties are proprtionally offset)
– Start a traditional cabbage rolling festival in an English hillside village
– Name it ‘Derek’ then carry under arm everywhere whilst talking to it as if boon companion.
– Use as main ingredient for worst ever Breville sandwich.Posted 4 years agoatlazMember
If it’s a savoy style cabbage in winter months I basically do this:
1, Brown lardons (chunks of fatty bacon) to get some fat rendered off them
2, Fry sausages in this fat to give them a bit of colour
3, Throw in cabbage leaves and put the bacon back
4, Add in some thyme, bay leaf, white wine and seasoning
5, Cook down a bit keeping an eye on the level of liquid
6, Lob some peeled potatoes under the cabbage
7, Once the spuds are cooked, eat, accompanied by the rest of the wine
It’s not subtle but it’s pretty goodPosted 4 years ago
The topic ‘Ideas for using a cabbage’ is closed to new replies.