Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Ideas for Carbine build
  • mrintensity
    Free Member

Yellow tape… I’ve used insulating tape when I couldn’t get hold of that…. No probs!

Gee76
    Free Member

Ahhh interesting Mr I. I’ve got a purg in garage so sounds like that might just fit the rear. What’s the ID of the 33mm rims?

mrintensity
    Free Member

Yep, plenty of room back there Gee76!
    Actually, on checking their website, the external is 30mm, internal 23mm.
    Yep, the 33mm external is 26inch only.

Gee76
    Free Member

There’s quite a few LB models out there so easy to get muddled. Purg is fairly big so be interesting to see how it comes up on 30mm id rims. Same goes for the Saguaro. Expecting a couple of mm extra width, maybe more.

Wondering if a ground control 2.0 or 2.1 or something similar width like x-king, saguaro, etc might be a better option (and lighter as a bonus!)

pipiom
    Free Member

After much fettling courtesy of you guys how’s this look:

Pike 150mm fork
    Fox CTD 140mm shock
    Raceface bar/stem (TBC)
    XTR brakes
    Raceface next chainring (matching bar/stem???)
    SRAM XX1 rear mech/cassette
    LB rims
    DT spokes ( brass nipples????)
    DT 240 hubs
    Front tyre Hutchinson Toro 2.35″
    Rear tyre Mud X 2″
    Seat WTB volt titanium rails
    Rockshox reverb dropper

messiah
    Free Member

That’s a pretty dreamy spec there :mrgreen:

mrintensity
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve run the control out back with the Purg front… or in the summer, Control front fastrak back!

Gee76
    Free Member

Hmmm that’d be interesting… not sure how it’d cope with my local Rivingon Mud but might be alright on the lakeland rock.

X-kings look to only be 2.2 so the might be off the list. I’ll do a bit of experimenting!. Jsut gotta wait for the rims to rock up now then pretty much as per Op’s dream spec. Albeit on the Spider Comp. Which to be honest seems to fit my riding really rather well.

Had a good second ride in the Lakes yesterday, the bike is sooo capable. The Carbine no doubt would kill me on the downs!!.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/great-day-in-the-lakes-today-pictures

pipiom
    Free Member

Ok i know i must be doing heads in now but i’m on holiday with time on my hands….i’m simply using this time to build this bike in my head….so here we go…American Classic MTB race 29 wheelset weighs 1459g….. my LBS can supply em and they don’t have to be built…..I know a few of our crew have them and love em….they’re not massive but wider than SLR’s and surely capable of taking the Toros at 2.35

Any experience of these hoops ( tin hat is on)

pipiom
    Free Member

Getting close to pulling trigger now…..fancy some of the bling cable/hoses in matching orange….where do I source em guys…….I’ll post full spec when I’ve ordered it

pipiom
    Free Member

Getting close to pulling trigger now…..fancy some of the bling cable/hoses in matching orange….where do I source em guys…….I’ll post full spec when I’ve ordered it

messiah
    Free Member

Black is the only acceptable colour for cables and hoses.

or

Now repeat x 100

I will never colour co-ordinate hoses and cables.

pipiom
    Free Member

Oops, I think you’re right there M ..black it is then…..on the spec front took a load of yours and others advice 1 x 11 + RF Next SL etc but I opted for taking this bike to a light XC fit out that will be aggressive enough for this old fart when needed cos that’s what I/We do here…….ha! HD/XC the new “Mini Enduro” so AC race 29 wheels with Spesh control front and captain back (wheels are 1450g so good weight)

I’ll post exact spec when ordered

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ideas for Carbine build’ is closed to new replies.