• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lump.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • ideas for a few days away devon /cornwall
  • abenson246
    Free Member

Looking for a good base to camp and do some rides for a few days with the misses , thinking Devon/ Cornwall as I rember it being nice down there as a kid and just recently mover down south . So ideas places and rides as I no idea and was meant of sorted like yesterday ! 🙂

foaley
    Free Member

Haldon trail forest, exeter followed by cardinham Wood’s \lanhydrock,Bodmin trail only 45 mins apart and plenty of choice of trails. Ones in Devon the other in Cornwall

foaley
    Free Member

Haldon trail forest, exeter followed by cardinham Wood’s \lanhydrock,Bodmin trail only 45 mins apart and plenty of choice of trails. Ones in Devon the other in Cornwall

abenson246
    Free Member

Thanks and ideas of where would be a good place to camp on the coast 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Not much good riding near the coast IME. Play in the water instead. Rent a kayak or 2. We tend to go to the south hams area. Nice bit of coastline.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Try Pentewan its right on the coast and there is a great (if unchallenging) off road cycle route leading from there to St Austell and other places http://www.pentewansands.com/caravan-and-camping-motorhomes/ Oh and here is a view from there after riding down said route Linky

stufive
    Free Member

just been to north devon (Hartland peninsula)there wasnt realy any riding that close to the coast, still had an amazing week though

jambalaya
    Free Member

As per @nick’s post the coast is best for walking, some nice coastal walks around Dartmouth and Salcombe (South Hams as per Nick’s post). Dartmouth I like very much and up to Dittisham (co-incidently where Rik Mayal’s funeral was). There are river cruises / diners etc and Steam railway. Salcombe is a bit “Surrey on tour” for me (and I lived in Surrey for 25 years)

ceepers

exmoor has routes that run along the coast, try lynmouth/ porlock/ minehead area, thevertebrate publishing guidebook has some good routes

north devon coast from saunton northwards has some fun stuff but needs a bit of road linkage and searching stuff out

abenson246
    Free Member

Many thanks think I have it sorted , well may be lol 🙂

abenson246
    Free Member

Had a great few days but got rained out or tent started to leek:(
    but thanks for the input 🙂

lump

….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ideas for a few days away devon /cornwall’ is closed to new replies.