Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Idea for a product
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Not entirely serious, but what about an underground storage container for your garden? It’d be along the lines of one of those plastic chests, but it’d fit into a hole and come up when you want something. It could even be quite large if you want.

The top could be covered in soil or just a chair or something. It’d be manufactured as a complete sealed box, you just dig any old hole of sufficient size and drop the thing in it. Because the liner would be made as one piece with the lid and mechanism, sealing wouldn’t be a problem.

Useful for those of us with small gardens? And lots of money.. and a thunderbirds fetish…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it will float up if not properly anchored or fill up with water if not properly sealed. Could be a tough challenge

Cougar

A smaller version would be great to screw with geocachers.

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

If it rises out of the ground at the touch of a button making an audible but subtle bzzzzz noise- Then i’m in. 8)

Bregante

I met the bloke who invented the car rear window de icing wotsit the other week.

He licenced it to pretty much every car manufacturer round the world and then put his feet up in the early 70’s and has done bugger all else since.

And I used to work with a bloke whose grandfather invented the electric ignition thing that you turn to light your gas fire.

True story (s)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Like this one? I believe it’s used to store all your unwanted crap 😉

wwaswas

Kind of one of these with bells on?

ninfan
    Free Member

This would be better:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QErVqOCz-5o[/video]

maccruiskeen

slowjo
    Free Member

I was about to say they did those in the 1950s but ninfan effectively beat me to it.

DrP

I’m going to spend the rest of the week in a depressed hump, knowing I’ll never have a rising underground garage with a lambo and a delorean in my life… 🙁

DrP

molgrips
    Free Member

it will float up if not properly anchored

Good point, but you’d have to be in a pretty wet area to have that problem.

ninfan – this would cost a smidge less than that.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

For your average lazy jo, digging a hole big enough to offer useful storage will be a deal breaker. It’s hard work digging a post hole, let alone a 4’x 2’x 3′ or similar.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can pay someone to dig the hole and install the thing easy enough.

wwaswas

at £200/skip it’s going to be quite an expensive hole too.

camo16
    Free Member

You could advertise the product with a free hill thrown in.

molgrips
    Free Member

The hole doesn’t have to be all that big. This thing comes in smaller sizes too, the shed sized one is the extreme jumbo edition.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you got the ratio right you could raise the garden and save digging as much of a hole.

What would you put in your bunker safe store then Molgrips?

camo16
    Free Member

From now on when I think of Molly I’ll see Fritzl. 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I would just use it to store all the crap that’s in my shed, and reclaim the corner of my patio.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I believe that is called having your own landfill! You could offer the service of installing the new product and watch while everyone piles up their crap to go into the magic hole. They leave put the stuff into the skip and you charge them £1k 🙂 everybody wins

drummer
    Free Member

Dispose of the soil using The Great Escape trouser method ? ( Sorry I couldn’t find a you tube thingy )

wwaswas

I think ‘fire up the wheelie bin’ is the traditional stw response under the circumstances.

mugsys_m8
    avdave2

put his feet up in the early 70’s and has done bugger all else since

Wasn’t that everyone in the British car industry?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Idea for a product’ is closed to new replies.