Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

It is. Keep a food diary for one week.. I’m interested.

Btw, 84.5kg for me this morning – get in! That’s basically what I weighed the first season I trained when I was training for 24 hour solo. I should be easily on course for a new PB at Cwmcarn when I get home in August.

Next stop 82.8kg which is my all time post 2002 record for one day only, and is just about 13st.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Chapeau!

I’ll be up for racing you round Cwm Carn 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Great 🙂 August onwards, sprogs notwithstanding.

trickydisco
    Free Member

STW lap challenge™ ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Interesting… do we all have to be ridiculously overbiked and wear body armour?

I will most definitely be turning up in a VAG group vehicle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will there be a Cotton T-shirt category?

iDave
    Free Member

Re’ the VAG group vehicle, DeadlyD, any more cash for me? I need a Bentley.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes Darcy I believe there will.

There will be time penalties for not posting on here at least every 5 mins from your iPhone whilst riding too. Riders hitiing 0.8 posts per minute will get time credits.

I’ve heard rumours that your camelbak must be of a certain minimum weight. Whether or not this weight is proportionate to rider weight has yet to be confirmed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Re’ the VAG group vehicle, DeadlyD, any more cash for me? I need a Bentley.

Yes dude. Email me that offshore account number…a lot of dieters have been falling of the wagon since the weather improved. I think it’s all those white burger buns that have been consumed. Hence, the direct debits have increased dramatically this month.

Did you not fancy holding out for a Veyron?

molgrips
    Free Member

I will also be in a VAG group vehicle, and a grey one at that.

I do not own body armour, but I do wear a camelbak and ride an Orange 5 🙂

By an interesting* coincidence my 5 is exactly the same colour as my car, despite buying both off the shop floor so to speak, with no colour choice.

* or not

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm. I was sat at the dining room table this morning with no shirt on, eating breakfast and Mrs Grips came in. She said ‘Oh my God you’re so sexy!’ and gave me a big hug.

😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I just did a little bit of sick in my mouth.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just wait til you see the after pics.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I spat it out. All helps with the diet.

molgrips
    Free Member

I had a bowl of cereal this morning tho. I’m doomed. Although I was closer to 84kg shortly before 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

That gram flour flat bread is ace. Plus I used gram flour to make some onion bajis! mint. When’s the ‘after’ photo then MG?

molgrips
    Free Member

Still trying to find gram flour here. Must look harder.

The after photo will come when I’m satisfied there’s enough difference 🙂 Maybe when I get to 83kg, as that’s a landmark.

iDave
    Free Member

try turkish/asian supermarkets?

molgrips
    Free Member

Not many of those in the burbs. Next time we venture into the mayhem that is central Munich I’ll have another look 🙂

motivforz
    Free Member

This is from sainsburys, and is available in 1kg bags too. They also have quinoa which we bought yesterday, but haven’t tried yet, took 3 customer services people to find it for us!

Edit: are you in Germany? Just remembered you saying something about it. In which case go to Das Sainsburysgevert.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, it’s widely available in the UK with its large Asian population, thanks for that tip 🙂

Yes Germany. Naff all Indian available here. In fact not much of much. It’s like the 1970s in many ways.

Spud

Got a large bag of that very stuff yesterday. My wife’s flat breads and onion bhajis filled a large hole 😀

BigJohn

I’ve been resisting for months – but have realised that being heavy and active in old age are mutually incompatible so having found a bag of gram flour and a box of flour-free falafel mix (yes, I usually make it from broad beans, but what the hey?) in the ethnic aisle in Tesco I’ve been giving it a go this week. But I can’t do 6 days a week, so we’ll have to see if a Mon-Fri slackerDave one works.

BigJohn

I still can’t figure out if Tomatoes are allowed, and if I can put lemon or lime juice in my ceviche and houmous.

iDave
    Free Member

BigJohn, will reply to your email later, I have a cunning plan….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are stuffed olives allowed?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

As long as they’re stuffed with dust.

tazzymtb

Mr grips you can make your own gram flour using oven roasted chickpeas and a mortar n pestle once they’ve cooled.

Seeing as I’m fairly close to the Idave diet anyway I’m going to come play as I meed to get my fat tumkin under control

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, stuffed with piemento chillis.

You’re the only one full of dust around here Yeti. Hot, shitty dust.

iDave
    Free Member

Hell yes to stuffed olives – see deadly, it’s not so bad in MiWorld…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pah, iResent that statement Darcy, I’m full of the finest A-grade bullshite I’ll have you know!

That and the chickpea, lentil and chorizio stew I ate for lunch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay.

*opens stuffed Olives packet*

I had coffee and walnut cake for lunch…is this why my belly is bruised from my thighs hitting it when I’m on the drops?

BigJohn

BigJohn, will reply to your email later, I have a cunning plan….

Well well well, and there’s me thinking I was just being a weak-willed half-hearted dipstick.

Too late anyway, I’ve already marinated the salmon & tuna in lime juice.

(except dipsticks are skinny)

iDave
    Free Member

Don’t get too excited…

BigJohn

Why not – it’s going to be the best salmon and tuna salad EVER

molgrips
    Free Member

Mr grips you can make your own gram flour using oven roasted chickpeas and a mortar n pestle once they’ve cooled

That doesn’t sound like much work at all!

Re lime juice, I sprinkled a few drops on my white chilli to make it taste of something…

jimmy

iDave – Member
    That gram flour flat bread is ace.

Throw a desert spoon of onion seeds into that mix – ace +1.

one week in here, 4lb down. Taking it steady when I’m training, but I haven’t seen 11st8 in a long while…

frogger
    Free Member

just answered my own question 🙂

BigJohn

Green, yes. Red, no. Orange – only if to stop would cause an accident 😀

motivforz
    Free Member

Just thought, in the world food section (near all the spices and where gram flour is) they do chickpeas coated in chilli powder, as a sort of crisps type thing. Quite spicy but very nice indeed if you find you want something snacky.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.