Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,140 total)
  • iDave Diet Joinee
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – you’re never going to take over the world with laziness like that! You wouldn’t even make a good feeder.

i love the feeling of my legs burning and screaming at me to stop

You’re a nutter. The rest of us like our bellies telling us to stop.

Solo
    Free Member

I was 76kg today

Can you lot stop losing weight please !.

You’re all passing me in the race to feather weight

As a result of your efforts, I’ll be a chubby again, by comparison.
    🙁

miketually
    Free Member

Post poo I was 76kg today

Biffer.

I’m iDiet-aware, but not doing the full thing. Just that’s dropped me from 75kg to 70kg.

Solo
    Free Member

Where did that post go ?.

Ah !, there it is.

Hamsters are playing up this morning.
    Could be mutiny on the hamster wheel.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie..It was yummy, lovely buttery vanilla biscuit, and home made blackberry jam from last year…mmmmmmm.

*jizzes*

Is that this weeks’ meal then?

What about bacon.. I had some of that too.. think about bacon?

I will be having bacon for my lunch. Asparagus wrapped in bacon to be precise.

….if I manage to hang on that long. Is also fully iDave compliant, but intro is a bit rough.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does anyone know how much a pint of blood weighs?

#drasticmeasurestomakeSolofeelfat

Jamie
    Free Member

If you are giving blood, how are you going to remain compliant and not faint because you didn’t have a biscuit and some orange squash after they drain you?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you are giving blood, how are you going to remain compliant and not faint because you didn’t have a biscuit and some orange squash after they drain you?

Have you heard of MTFU? I’m going to do that. Well that or faint.

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you heard of MTFU? I’m going to do that. Well that or faint.

Say hello to the floor for me.

*rings ahead to get floor mats laid out for TSY*

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

You’re a nutter

But a fast nutter with a PB of 36kph now. 😀 I’m going to see if i can produce better power than Mol on my ramp test tonight too 😛

Does Yeti need the kiss of life from DD to bring him back round?!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dirty – I don’t really think you’re a nutter… you might consider becoming sprinter though?

I think we need some ground rules on true PB’s though. If you’re sat in the pack… it’s out. If you’re MingTFU from the front the whole way… you’re beyond Awesome!!!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Maybes, sprinting at 50kph was ace on saturday, i’m still buzzing from it! I’m quite looking forward to finding out my power tonight and actually looking forward to more crit races this summer. Never thought i’d say that again after last year and that cough i had! I reckon you should get to some crit races, you’d love them.

I’m taking that PB thanks v much! Wasn’t any harder work than my previous race, but learning race craft, lines, adjusting to sprint and bunch speed etc is hard work.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ok – it’s a PB for sitting in a pack. TT is the true test of a man. Oh. 😉

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Lol. I’ve changed my racing aspirations to beating Mol on my power output and beating you on a 25mph TT 😛

molgrips
    Free Member

why don’t you just eat what you want? You clearly can’t/won’t/will modify to suit how you feel…stick to a food plan, why are you bothering?

So, that day I ate scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, with black coffee, then for lunch I had bean chilli, dinner I had a steak with green beans and broccoli. Similar yesterday but without the latte and cheesecake. In fact I’ve only had one slip this whole week.

Are you saying I should give up because I had one slip? Bit harsh, isn’t it? It still works even with the slip.

DG – the highest power I’ve seen on my power meter is 1300W, and I’m not sure I was really trying then. I’ve never done a ramp test, but my best 10 mile TT power was 328W. There’s your target 🙂 I will focus on being lighter than you, does that like a good challenge?

Mol, if you didn’t need the recovery drink / cheesecake and coke, why have them?

Well the reco drink is important because I plan to train today too (2 sessions hopefully, interval run and swim) and the cheesecake and coke because they are delicious. It was a very small bit of cheesecake mind, could have fit the whole thing on two desert spoonfuls.

My legs and I feel great this morning, but I did really want more cake and sweet at breakfast time – perhaps it’s the memory of last night’s cheesecake.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

but my best 10 mile TT power was 328W

FCS man speak im KPH or at least MPH!

philconsequence
    Free Member

79kg again this morning, its kinda reassuring knowing that i’m sub-80 and am closer to iDave than iMolly.

sorry molly, that sounded harsher than it was meant…. before xmas i would’ve given my right testicle to keep up with your weight loss, now i’m 80kg or under i’m having to find a new target! i’d like to hit 76kg-ish and the reduced body fat that goes with it…. the muscle i’ve put on over the past 3 months has probably negated a fair bit of weight loss as i’ve doubled the weights i can lift in that time 🙂

figure i’m at the point now where i should be focussing on visible fat instead of my weight as i’m going resistance training (thats weights for vanity muscles if you want to see it that way) 3 mornings a week, for my back/shoulders as i’m trying to build some muscle balance around an unhealthy back and recovering from injury shoulders. when i say resistance training… i’m not doing big weights and working each muscle to the point of failure, just slowly increasing the weights in proportion to each other to hold my arms onto my shoulders in the event of another silly mtb crash 😆

slowly but surely is the best way for me i’ve learnt, stops me getting carried away and shifting my body issues in the wrong direction to jealousy at mr big muscles down the gym!

molgrips
    Free Member

FCS man speak im KPH or at least MPH!

It’s meaningless unless you’ve done the same course, isn’t it?

24’30 on an outdoor track, I belive that particular session was.

Oh btw the weigh in – on Tuesday I was 86.9, 85.8 now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hang on, and apologies if I have misread as low on carbz at the mo, but did you have cheesecake, coke and 2 scoops of some mysterious recovery product for a 24 minute bike ride?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Outdoor track as in track TT or outside? I’m aiming for a 24min 10mile TT this year! I’ve no idea what to expect tonight, but i’ll take a bucket just in case. 😆

So you need to drop to between 52 and 55kgs as your challenge?! You’ll look like that TdF rider posted pages back! 😯

phillyc, try the trx straps for back power as well as climbing = stronger with less muscle bulk than weights.

Edit,

Hang on, and apologies if I have misread as low on carbz at the mo, but did you have cheesecake, coke and 2 scoops of some mysterious recovery product for a 24 minute bike ride?

I read it as that as well, hence my comment about ditching recovery drinks etc during the week unless i’m racing a few days later.

emsz
    Free Member

I read it like that too, hence not being able to stick to a diet plan 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I had recovery drink as per the instructions in the diet plan, and it was 24 mins of intense intervals, the whole session was about 50 mins or so. The coke/cake was a slip, but we’ll see how much harm it’s done on the Saturday morning weigh in, shall we?

Outdoor track means a track, outdoors:

PS recovery drink isn’t exactly mysterious, it’s just protein and carbs.

trickydisco
    Free Member

so mol are you racing at all this year?

Just interested as most ppl I know with a powermeter are using it to train to race

philconsequence
    Free Member

TRX straps?

whodawhatnow?!

phil.w
    Free Member

It’s meaningless unless you’ve done the same course, isn’t it?

So are watts if just listed as some arbitrary number.

molgrips
    Free Member

So are watts if just listed as some arbitrary number.

Not really, that’s the measure of how much power I actually produced during the intervals. You can compare directly, or factor in weight. If DG made that much power she’d be a champion for sure, it’s less impressive with an extra 30kg of course.

so mol are you racing at all this year?

I’ve got two races planned, I might be able to sneak another in. It’s hard when the kids are so young. I got the power meter a few years ago when I was doing much more.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Ah ok. Our TTs are on open roads rather than closed circuit. Have you got compression tights? I rely on them now more than recovery drink to help my legs.

Seeing as we are posting piccies, here’s one of me racing on Saturday:
    I’m number 19 🙂

Phil, see here: Edit, sorry, i’m rubbish with links 🙁 You’ll need to google it but it works so much better than weights. I’ve been using it since mid December and am much stronger than i ever was with weights, plus it does your core at the same time!

molgrips
    Free Member

Recovery drink refuels though, I dunno if tights would be any good as an alternative. Perhaps in addition.

miketually
    Free Member

You can compare directly, or factor in weight. If DG made that much power she’d be a champion for sure

328W at 85kg is 3.86 W/kg

If DGOaB manages 170W, she beats you on power:weight.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Ok my point up there ^^ though, is do you need to refuel with as much, given you had dinner first? I get you need to refuel but maybe not as much? As i said, i’m basing this on my experience, and after intense intervals, i don’t need recovery drink etc if i eat a good meal afterwards and i’m still good to train the next day. Compression tights are amazing btw, best product i’ve ever bought.

I’ll be disapppointed if all i can manage is 170w, i think i need to get something like 250+ to make the (womens) race squad. This morning i was 54.8kgs which is 2.8kgs heavier than i was before my first race of the season and thus means more power required for tonight. 😡

phil.w
    Free Member

If DG made that much power she’d be a champion for sure

What, if she hit it once in a race?

Do a lab test and find your FTP and w/kg then you have something to compare. Or even average over a set period.

Just saying you hit xxWatts once, in an interval, is meaningless.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, depressing 🙂

mugsys_m8

iDIET café pause

DGOAB do you know Andrew Sinclair? I met him in Norway one new year’s. He subsequently took me along on my 1st proper road ride. It was with ERC on the Ed to Glasgow charity thing and then we rode back too.

All the ERC guys and girls on that ride were great. It would have been ermmmm 2005.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, it’s 212W not 170W. You should be able to be that though easily!

DG, my dinner was just green beans, broccoli and meat. So not that many carbs at all really. And there’s a 15 minute window after you exercise where taking carbs improves recovery greatly, much more than just eating the carbs at mealtimes. Google glycogen window.

Based on experience, I can ride the day after an intense session, but if I take reco drink I feel fantastic instead of feeling a bit sore and tired. Didn’t you have trouble with DOMS?

Anyway, what’s the ramp test? Just keep going harder and harder until you give up?

And if your races are flat crits then weight is not really important at all so don’t worry 🙂

What, if she hit it once in a race?

No, if she could average it for ten miles. That figure of 328W was an average over ten miles also. The interval wattages I posted are also averages for the three minutes. I hope to be able to extend the session with more intervals until I can do a ten miler at 350W, then I’ll move up to 375 🙂

Do a lab test and find your FTP

I have been told that the ten mile time trial average is a good way of finding ftp without resorting to a lab.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Based on experience, I can ride the day after an intense session, but if I take reco drink I feel fantastic instead of feeling a bit sore and tired. Didn’t you have trouble with DOMS?

I thought that DOMs was caused by unaccustomed eccentric loading of muscles. Hence why cyclists don’t get it, with maybe the exception of off-road descents.

Keva
    Free Member

I’d love to know what I could whack out when I’m back to full fitness. weighed 57kg this morning wearing a tracksuit- there’s room to build more power into the legs and still remain light 😉

recovery from the injury is going well, just gotta keep it within the parameters and not do too much too soon.

Kev

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a shame power meters are so expensive.. I got my powertap in a rash purchase when I had some spare money, and it was ‘only’ £600 then.

I think I’d go for a Quarq one now though, but they are costly.

mustard
    Free Member

TRX straps?

whodawhatnow?! Phil; you know that theme you were looking at for your wedding 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

I have been told that the ten mile time trial average is a good way of finding ftp without resorting to a lab.

to get FTP figure you need to knock 5% from 20min power. (FTP is based on 1 hour AFAIK)

There’s also a MAP test which is quite good for determining power levels

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2010/01/how-to-do-a-map-ramp-test/

http://alex-cycle.blogspot.co.uk/2006/12/map-testing-where-failure-is-success.html

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I think I might be under re-fuelling based on what Mol consumes. I’ve never had a recovery drink. Most of the time I recover with breakfast, lunch and tea.

Would drinking some more coke etc be the way forward?

At one point I was going to go all out on sports supplements… can’t help thinking that the majority of us just don’t need them.

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,140 total)

The topic ‘iDave Diet Joinee’ is closed to new replies.