I'd like the moon on a stick,

Home Forum Bike Forum I'd like the moon on a stick,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I'd like the moon on a stick,
  • Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

failing that,

I’d like a ~100mm travel full suspension frame, slackish head angle with 120mm or 140mm forks, steep seat angle, longish top tube, short chainstays, 26″ wheels as thats what I have, 30.9 seat tube size as I want to run a decent dropper. and if it takes a 190×50 shock that’d be great.

oh and secondhand in mint condition for about £2-300.

any suggestions?

Specialized Camber
    Transition Bandit
    Morewood Zula

Are the only ones I can think of. Fit a shorter stroke shock to slacken head angles and reduce travel where required.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

bandit is high on my list but well out of budget at the moment.

26″ Camber then. they were cheap new a few years ago, so they must be pittance now. Short stays and a 30.9 seatpost aswell, knowing specialized.

z1ppy

Prophet SL 120mm…. ok fails on the 30.9 seat post but 27.2 posts are available. It’s just a STD prophet with a shorter 190×45 shock (probably be fine with the 50, as they come 200×50 for the 140mm). Not totally sure what a short chainstay on a 26er is, but it’s 420mm.
    OK it’s a bit long in the tooth now, as it’s been out of production for 4 years but plenty of ppl still thoroughly enjoying them, and it does fit most of your requirements.

chillidave

The GT Distortion may be worth looking out for, seems to fit the type of bike you want and might just be unfashionable enough to fit your budget second hand.

emac65

First edition Trance ?

kudos100

Another shout for the GT distortion. I was lusting after one, but they are a tad too small for me at 6’3.

You should be able to pick one up in great condition for £1500.

messiah

Cannondale RZ 120.

31.6 seatpost for a dropper.
    1.5″ headtube so you can fit a works components angle adjuster headset.

Tracking one down might be tricky as they were not great sellers… although you could pick up a new one here and flog the components on it?

Rob Hilton

Dunno that it’s an exact match to your description, but Spesh SX (rocking horse poo) and Banshee Rampant (I have one – is much fun) fulfill some of it.

There was both a mint newish SX frame on the bay recently and an older generation one that I was sorely tempted to buy, but I don’t need 2 of pretty much the same bike 🙂

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

Spesh SX (rocking horse poo)

the original SX? one of my favorite ever bikes.

snapped two of them…

Rob Hilton

the original SX?

Yep. Was tempted to get it just to stick on the wall if not ride it 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I'd like the moon on a stick,’ is closed to new replies.